DL Issac Washington in transfer portal

Hate to say it, but I can see this becoming a double standard type situation.
Those guys with a high amount of potential / talent get the conversation of 'Here are the charges and here is what you need to do to clear those and be a contributing member of this team.'

Those with lesser potential/talent in this situation get the talk of 'We think you need to explore your options and we'll help you do that.'
Really? Becoming a double standard? That means you don't think it is already and hasn't been that way for years!

Ignoring "watching, hoping to believe in this staff"..... imaginative fellow aren't you?

New coach, just like new players, you watch how they perform. That's illogical?
Watching how a new staff performs and hoping they do well? Absolutely not.

Already imagining scenarios of bad behavior for new staff? Definitely yes... 🙄

Watching how a new staff performs and hoping they do well? Absolutely not.

Already imagining scenarios of bad behavior for new staff? Definitely yes... 🙄
By all means, nothing but rah-rah.... sunshine and unicorns...... I understand. Sorry, sir. 🙄

Hate to say it, but I can see this becoming a double standard type situation.
Those guys with a high amount of potential / talent get the conversation of 'Here are the charges and here is what you need to do to clear those and be a contributing member of this team.'

Those with lesser potential/talent in this situation get the talk of 'We think you need to explore your options and we'll help you do that.'
How can you see that?

You could be right and it wouldn't be unheard of. Years ago one of my cousins and some buddies decided they wanted out of the Navy. They started smoking pot and sure enough a few months later they got caught in a random. The other 4 did various jobs on the Carrier and were given "less than honorable" discharges. My cousin however was a nuclear engineer who worked on the power plant. He lost part of his pay for six months, pulled extra duty, lost promotion points, and was restricted to quarters for a period of time.

So yeah... it is done and sometimes legitimized.

That said, we do not know if he was offered a punishment to stay that he refused. We don't know if his part was bigger than the others. We do not know what his attitude toward the incident has been. We don't know A LOT of the critical factors that determine whether a guy is punished and stays or is cut loose.

It's not that far to Gainesville.
We're - in trouble with the NCAA

We have to let players go for legal concerns i.e. Washington, French.

We have a player who is reported to have kicked and maimed a kitten.

Then you want to play the moral superiority card.

I think we're behind the 8 ball there, Sherlock.

Ok, but when he committed posters here said things like:

Dude has first round potential.

Vols first Heisman winner.

A tackling machine.

A Defensive Tackle with a great nose for the ball? I like it.

Some day there will be an annual "Isaac Washington Award" for the best collegiate Defensive Tackle.

One of his specialties is stripping the ball from the ball carriers hands and running it in for a touchdown. Wow! A Defensive Tackle who is a threat to score at any time!

We'll only have this guy for three years. You can bet on it.

Future All Pro.

Classic leader by example.

I looked up the term - Defensive Tackle - in an encyclopedia and there was a picture of Isaac Washington

One day a road next to Neyland Stadium will be named after him.

His motor never stops.

A quarterbacks worst nightmare.

Covers one side of the field to the other.

It will take at least two offensive linemen to stop this guy.

Will bring excellent pass rushing as well as strong run stopping. A real rarity of a D Lineman.

Vol D line nicely solidified with this commit.

Tennessee's history of mining star material out of North Carolina continues.

Plays with unbridled ferocity.

Another Doug Atkins.

I love it when VOLS put up a stiff defense. Washington will help here.

All rather humorous to me in retrospect.. :)
Ok, so I went a bit overboard. Was only meant to be humorous.

VN Store

Back