DJ Burns

GBOplayer

Well, looks like DJ Burns is getting the last laugh. He was a solid frontcourt contributor for Winthrop, which won their conference tournament and is in the NCAA tourney. We definitely could have used him this year. We could have been solid with a frontcourt of the Incredible Fulk and DJ Burns !

Well, looks like DJ Burns is getting the last laugh. He was a solid frontcourt contributor for Winthrop, which won their conference tournament and is in the NCAA tourney. We definitely could have used him this year. We could have been solid with a frontcourt of the Incredible Fulk and DJ Burns !

Why did he leave?

Maybe you didn’t read. He’s a fat, pot smoker who wouldn’t get in the baptismal.

Pretty damn comical that he’s dancing.

Reactions: berryvol
If toiling away in the SOCON for Winthrop is getting the last laugh, then we have two different understandings of that phrase. Wish I had caught more of his games this year, but I'm not one of the 11 subscribers to the SOCON Network, Fox Sports Northwest South Carolina, or ESPN9.

Have you guys watched the kid? He is doing great at Winthrop, but Winthrop isn’t close to SEC level ball.

Happy that he’s doing well, hope he has a great career. No way to know what kind of production he’d have had here, with the increase in competition. Plus his transfer might’ve given him perspective and increased maturity that helped him become a good player. Would’ve liked to have him on the team and help out, but I don’t know as much about the situation as DJ or Barnes, so I’ll assume the two of them made the best decision for everyone involved. Hopefully Winthrop goes on a run

Rick Barnes has turned 3*s into NBA draft picks. If DJ burns wanted to be the best version of himself, Barnes would gotten it out of him. You just have to be disciplined and hardworking. Good luck at Winthrop and hopefully he gets a nice education, but no one in TN is losing sleep over a player who didn't want to be part of the program's culture. He made a decision and ultimately has limited himself for it.

What up DJ!

He can laugh, but he should also be grateful that Barnes and TN worked hard for him to find a good situation and be eligible immediately. Barnes could have been an a-h*** like Kirby Smart, the ASU basketball program, the Michigan football program, Saban, and many others and been a hindrance to becoming eligible right away.

If toiling away in the SOCON for Winthrop is getting the last laugh, then we have two different understandings of that phrase. Wish I had caught more of his games this year, but I'm not one of the 11 subscribers to the SOCON Network, Fox Sports Northwest South Carolina, or ESPN9.
Winthrop is in the big south, not the southern conference...

Averaging 12 points and 4 boards a game. Looks like he found the correct level of competition for his skills. Wish him the best but no indications he could have helped us here too much.
Yes, as a freshman. You think he’s hit his ceiling? You think he wouldn’t have played more minutes than ORN or Plavisc? You think Barnes has recruited a better post?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Good for him. I'm glad he is doing well.

Reactions: sbm362
Definitely Could have used him but he made his bed and has to sleep in it

Happy that he’s doing well, hope he has a great career. No way to know what kind of production he’d have had here, with the increase in competition. Plus his transfer might’ve given him perspective and increased maturity that helped him become a good player. Would’ve liked to have him on the team and help out, but I don’t know as much about the situation as DJ or Barnes, so I’ll assume the two of them made the best decision for everyone involved. Hopefully Winthrop goes on a run

Helpful hint...this post is way to reasonable for some on VN. Next time, add in at least one shot at CRB which somehow mentions how much he is paid, his lazy recruiting, or his Christian faith.

Reactions: Vol49er
I’ll enjoy watching the guys on our team play and wish the others well if they don’t want to stay a Vol. these young men deserve the opportunity to find the right fit.

I feel it necessary to note that Winthrop isn't in the Southern Conference. ETSU rules there, as it should be. Winthrop is in the "Big South", whatever the hell that is.

Reactions: FrankenVol54

They are in the Big South not SOCON and the SOCON is 3x the conference the Big South is.

Would have like to see what he could have done in the SEC....he is a big body in a small conf...most guys he playing against, he has 20 plus pounds on...but hes having a good season for a 17mpg freshman.

They are in the Big South not SOCON and the SOCON is 3x the conference the Big South is.

The Big South is rated the 28th conference
Southern is 13th ETSU beat Winthrop

Attachments

• 0AADF4C0-CA12-45EF-91C6-2C5440C57EC4.png
    0AADF4C0-CA12-45EF-91C6-2C5440C57EC4.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 18

VN Store

Back