Divisional Weekend Game Thread 1/12-1/13

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Here are the 4 games for this weekend.
A3DF3453-BB9B-4DE6-A1B4-B9CB2FFC39D3.jpeg
Who are you all rooting for?

I want the chargers to beat the Pats, don’t think it will happen though.

If the Cowboys win I wonder if they would rather play NO in the dome or Philly at home. Their hate for the Eagles is so great they probably would choose NO in the dome.

Chiefs
Rams
Chargers
Saints

Looking like some rough weather in KC this week. I would say that cold alone would favor the Chiefs, but a few inches of snow might negate any advantage and make it more of a toss-up. Looks like Berry is going to be sitting this one out - drives me crazy - but the KC defensive secondary has shown flashes of mediocracy over the past couple weeks of the season, so there's hope. Oh, yeah... and Pat Mahomes. The Chiefs gotta shut down the run and put consistent pressure on Luck while playing their own offensive game. I think it'll be the Chiefs in a close, high scoring game.

Rams are heavy favorites and I think that's their biggest disadvantage. Can this Dallas defense shut down the McVay-Train? Can the offense continue to ride Elliott's coat-tails? Dallas has little to lose today and everything to gain. No pressure. Go out and leave it all on the field. I look for a Ram victory but its possible LA implodes and makes Jerry's kids look amazing.

I think the Chargers are playing their best ball of the season and that Rivers really wants it this year. His career is winding down and a Super Bowl ring will get him into the Hall. They've got a good shot this year. The Pats have struggled all season but they are good and esp at home. I wouldn't look for any of the silliness that has characterized Belichick's 2018 season (Gronk at safety?) this weekend. Its straight-up play-off football. At home. The way BB and TB like it. I expect a good game, but I expect a Charger victory - they're better on the road anyway.

Never bet against Nick Foles in the playoffs. That said, I think the Saints will carry the day. A veteran QB-Coach combo with one Alvin Kamara on your side... how can it go wrong? And yet... its Nick Foles in the playoffs. I think the Eagles magic ends this weekend, but I wouldn't put much money on it.

Those are my picks.

If the Cowboys win I wonder if they would rather play NO in the dome or Philly at home. Their hate for the Eagles is so great they probably would choose NO in the dome.

Good question. They are 3-0 against the Eagles and the Saints this year. Depends on the weather though imo. The Cowboys play in a climate controlled facility as do the Saints but the Eagles are in the weather - the late January Philadelphia weather? It might be sunny and 65 but its probably gonna be rough. I'd take the Saints if given the choice. Fortunately the choice will be made for them (or for the Rams).

Long game but starting off great.

What was that stutter/slow-up by Watkins? Weird. Worked.

VN Store

Back