Dividing the fanbase further

tastycar

I officially throw in the towel
This hire has done nothing but divide us further...the ones completely unhappy with Google Jones and the ones that accept whatever happens... I am truly sad...

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee football would be so much better if the fans that want to ***** about Phil , ***** about Hamilton , ***** about Dooley , ***** about Hart were running the ship . Maybe the delusions that Gruden turned down the job because of Cheek and Hart couldn't reel him in are accurate because one side of the fan base say so . Maybe all the fans that go to games , support the players , and don't ***** publicly about decisions should leave . Some of these good fans are idiots and not important . If the fanbase is divided more so now then good bye to them , leave so the ones that support the program , that watch n go on Saturday no matter the outcome can enjoy the day Tennessee returns to glory . Butch Jones may not be the answer but he is the one Tennessee has and he wanted a job that no one else did . He wanted it because this is Tennessee , the same reason nobody else did . All you idiots that want to blame Hart n Cheek , look in the mirror your as much the problem if not more . Not callin you out OP , just tired of the nonsense .

Those supporting Jones seem to take the position that Nobody Else Wanted Us. That our program is somehow second rate. Count me in the group not excited by this hire. It appears Hart messed up the whole process.

I was excited about Gruden (pipe dream perhaps) because he would fire up the fan base and recruit like crazy. I liked Strong with his strong SEC ties, heavy experience, and strong recruiting. I like Butch Jones because....ummmm....he was willing to accept our mess? With Kiffin and Dooley, we've suffered through 4 years of bad hires. I suspect with Jones we'll suffer through a full decade. Now, we're going to beat the Alabamas and Floridas of the world? I support my team. But now, with a bit less time commitment.

Those supporting Jones seem to take the position that Nobody Else Wanted Us. That our program is somehow second rate. Count me in the group not excited by this hire. It appears Hart messed up the whole process.

The minority is saying that but most of the other's (including myself) are saying that this is our coach now. That's a fact. There is no other reason to not support Jones if your a Tennessee fan except for the initial emotional reaction. Once that clears, he should get our support. The guy deserves a chance and he IS GOING TO GET HIS CHANCE.

This hire has done nothing but divide us further...the ones completely unhappy with Google Jones and the ones that accept whatever happens... I am truly sad...
I'd rather not be associated with some Vol fans anyway. So fickle.

I was excited about Gruden (pipe dream perhaps) because he would fire up the fan base and recruit like crazy. I liked Strong with his strong SEC ties, heavy experience, and strong recruiting. I like Butch Jones because....ummmm....he was willing to accept our mess? With Kiffin and Dooley, we've suffered through 4 years of bad hires. I suspect with Jones we'll suffer through a full decade. Now, we're going to beat the Alabamas and Floridas of the world? I support my team. But now, with a bit less time commitment.

All we need is another troll.

The hire united the fanbase against the UT administration. Gotta start somewhere. That being said, welcome to Rocky Top Coach Jones. Hope you do great here.

Or we could just unite and support our new coach. So many people are always saying they're a VFL and when something they don't agree with happens, they say they don't want anything to do with the university.

All we need is another troll.

I'll support Butch Jones. Blind support? No thanks. The process that led to Kiffin and Dooley appears to still be in play. I wish our coach the best while at the same time recognizing that something is broken. Blindly accepting without question is a recipe for failure.

By the way, this is not meant to be 'inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory' which is actually the definition for a Troll.....

VN Store

Back