Disturbing Kroger in Hendersonville

Had to take a bathroom run at the Kroger in Hendersonville.

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

I thought I had stumbled into a portal that spit me out in Tuscaloosa.

Nope. Just a few miles from the capitol city of the state of Tennessee.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

Are there that many bammer alum in Hendersonville? No way.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

Anybody else seeing this great abandonment around?

If you are a young guy, all you know is Bama, Auburn, LSU and Georgia. You may know about Manning , but it has been 20 years since Tenn was a power. No wonder they choose to go to a winning program. Vol BB proves how much difference a coach can make. Rick Barnes has turned Vol BB into a national power and that makes recruits want to play here. Of the FB hires, only Kiffin was top shelf. Hiring these has-beens and never weres saves money on the front end and 4 years later we are back at 500 ball. The Jimbo Fishers of the world will come here for enuf cash. Get a name brand guy after Pruitt dies a slow death and things will change like at A&M.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

Have family in this area....... They're not as many Tennesseans in that area as you might think. Lots of Tennesseans in this area have moved to other areas. Gotten too rich for working Tennesseans to live in this area. Sad but this is the reality.

Anecdotal, but I think there's been a Bammer infestation in Nashville for some time. I don't think it is Bammer alums (although there could be some - Nash is a pretty short straight shot up I-65 from Birmingham). There are a lot of non-Tennesseans and non-southerners who live there now, so there could be something of a bandwagon effect. Everybody like to be associated with a winner.

It's an extremely powerful affect. My FIL was in Northern California a couple years ago and saw a man and woman sitting together at the bar in a restaurant. Both wearing Alabama gear. He's a big Tennessee fan and is the kind of guy who'd talk to a brick wall if he thought it'd listen, so he goes over and chats them up.

He finds out that they are both from the area and didn't know a thing about football, but their son was a current student at Alabama and he went there because he does like football. They said he watched all their games on TV, they basically always won, and wanted to go to school there because it looked like fun. When he told me that story it made me want to throw up.
Absolutely true. Someone at UT admissions once told me 1999 was one of their best applicant pools. If you look at some programs at Alabama, they are ranked surprisingly high now.

Alabama is #50 in education and 49 in quality of life. Bammers with half a brain get the hell out of that cesspool as quick as they can moving to Atlanta, Nashville , Charlotte and florida. Have to put up with them in Chattanooga because they have no place to work, ,play or get health care.
But there is that one oasis of brainpower in Alabama that is Huntsville, which is filled with actual rocket scientists. But then again 1) the first batch had to be imported from Germany and 2) it is the closest major city in Alabama to the Tennessee State line (probably providing some brain osmosis from their smarter compatriots to the North) 😂

This thread brought this song to mind. I live next door to bammers so, I've lived it to.

Unfortunately for our program, Tennessee gear is probably seen by today’s youth as an ironic vintage product, on par with „See Rock City“ birdhouses, rotary dial phones, and RC Cola; signs of a forgotten past. And frankly, who can blame them? Don’t expect to remain relevant if you aren’t willing to put in the effort required to remain so.

Unfortunately for our program, Tennessee gear is probably seen by today’s youth as an ironic vintage product, on par with „See Rock City“ birdhouses, rotary dial phones, and RC Cola; signs of a forgotten past. And frankly, who can blame them? Don’t expect to remain relevant if you aren’t willing to put in the effort required to remain so.
Speaking of which, I really REALLY miss Clark‘s Teaberry chewing gum (no longer in production)
9439302E-EA1D-4AE4-81A9-2A0AEA7365B0.jpeg

Noticed the same at Cracker Barrel in Chattanooga, in laws were treating my wife and I to breakfast, I wanted to leave.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

Perfect place for bama gear...on the way to the bathroom.

There are 2 Kroger's in Hendsreonville. I could swear thr bathrooms are mens and women's though.

But nobody for the most part in hendersonville cares about the Vols at all unless they are 40 plus and raised there.

Half the city is Yankees now and most people are more pro vandy than tn.

Losing does that.

20 years ago it was die hard orange. Not now.
Nashville is not more “pro Vandy than UT”. I do agree that yankee transplants have changed the demographics. But people who live in TN and have no family/school connections to Bama or UGa are pure bandwagonners. Or like the white trash “gator fans” that popped up all over the Northeastern part of the state during the 90s who never even been to the state of Florida but hated UT and love to jump on their bandwagon

Absolutely true. Someone at UT admissions once told me 1999 was one of their best applicant pools. If you look at some programs at Alabama, they are ranked surprisingly high now.
Over two thirds of the students at Alabama are from outside the state. That much extra money from out state tution money helps.

This cracks me up. I actually had a conversation with the guy who purchases (who is a bama fan) and told him he didn't know his demographic and that he must not be interested in making his company money. My business partner and I have been talking about this for months.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Nashville is not more “pro Vandy than UT”. I do agree that yankee transplants have changed the demographics. But people who live in TN and have no family/school connections to Bama or UGa are pure bandwagonners. Or like the white trash “gator fans” that popped up all over the Northeastern part of the state during the 90s who never even been to the state of Florida but hated UT and love to jump on their bandwagon

Nashville is not more pro Vandy but parts of Nashville are. Hendersonville, Gallatin, Brentwood, Franklin are very transient and I honestly think have very few vol fans anymore.

Most people in these areas and their kids to lipscomb or Belmont or vandy or mtsu and UTknox is a down the line decision. The die hard football fans that move in will begin following ga or fla or bama and the wishy washy fans will follow vandy.

There are still vol fans in the area but they are the ones who were raised here and over 40.

I dont see any of my kids friends wearing UT gear ever. Its either vandy, bama, fl.

It just is what it is anymore in these specific areas.

Are you close to Indian Lake Road? I grew up off Indian Lake Road just past the elementary school. Or is there a new Kroger in H'ville?
I’m close to the Kroger Marketplace on the way to Gallatin. It’s full of AlaBubba gear so I assumed it was the one OP was referring to. I have lived in the Indian Lake area before. I mostly grew up off Walton Ferry.

Reactions: give_him 6
This problem goes back a long way with recruiting in state.For reasons I cannot actually speak on with facts,the really great players who come out of this state that can make a difference most times go to another school who can offer what they want.Most recent Tee Higgins and Cade Mays(Mays did return recently)and has missed a lot of blocks too mind you.I can remember when Bear Bryant would come up here and sign the best we had like (E.J. Junior) another LB from Tullahoma I forget his name but was a great player.Bryant always seemed to get the players he wanted.It is still the same.Bammer and now Clemson & Gawgaaaaa seem to get the 30% off the top and UT and the rest sort out the rest.I'm sick of it and don't expect it to stop.We either need to get in the garbage can with them or join the MAC and take Vandy with us.Does Albert Means ring any bells? I believe the kid from Tullahoma was Antonio London

Last edited:

VN Store

Back