Disturbing Kroger in Hendersonville

And, Tennessee players that, if they had moved to Georgia in the 8Th grade, and everything else was the same, they would get an offer from UT whereas if they had stayed in Tennessee they would not have received an offer.

Bammer trolls. I live near Atlanta and there is sports gear from everywhere. I don't believe dawg fans get too upset about it. Don't be so paranoid. Live and let live.

I remember in 1995 when Tennessee finally beat bama, within a few months of that win, those little red A's started disappearing from the back of vehicles. By 2000, you could only find orange T's here in middle Tennessee.

Reactions: msanford52 and NEO
I remember growing up in Hendersonville. There were lots of Bammer fans there, but that was in the 80s and 90s.

Is this the point where I say the Nashville area is full of a bunch of pretentious frontrunners or do I bring up how Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium were half empty when those teams stunk?

Nashville is still the only city where I have seen multiple people wear a Golden State shirt with a Bama hat in 1 day...

Disagree with Bridgestone. It was built for the Preds and people in this city love them win or lose!

Disagree with Bridgestone. It was built for the Preds and people in this city love them win or lose!

Might be a bit of revisionist history here since team nearly relocated and didnt have enough fan support until they got good.

Had to take a bathroom run at the Kroger in Hendersonville.

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

I thought I had stumbled into a portal that spit me out in Tuscaloosa.

Nope. Just a few miles from the capitol city of the state of Tennessee.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

Are there that many bammer alum in Hendersonville? No way.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

Anybody else seeing this great abandonment around?
I live really close to that Kroger. If you’re ever in there and you see all the inbred-red gear turned backwards, I may or may not be involved.

Is this the point where I say the Nashville area is full of a bunch of pretentious frontrunners or do I bring up how Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium were half empty when those teams stunk?

Nashville is still the only city where I have seen multiple people wear a Golden State shirt with a Bama hat in 1 day...
Most of the Bama "fans" I know are also New England Patriot "fans" as well.

I live really close to that Kroger. If you’re ever in there and you see all the inbred-red gear turned backwards, I may or may not be involved.
Are you close to Indian Lake Road? I grew up off Indian Lake Road just past the elementary school. Or is there a new Kroger in H'ville?

Just wait and see what happens with non "bandwagon fans" whos team has been suffering from poor ass decisions amongst the athletic dept for the last 15 years whose program will finally get it together at some point...you will see a real fan base come back to life and a program that will be feared amongst the nation once again...i betcha alot of Bama "fans" around here (Middle Tn) will swap up once again......smh

I'm just impressed that this subject got this many replies..... Oh well...while I'm here...The next time you see someone wearing a Bama cap or shirt ask if they approve of their defensive coordinator. Then ask, "Now tell me again...how do you pronounce his name?". It's usually good for a little humiliation when things are kinda slow!

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I'm married to a bammer the 3rd Saturday in October that the Vols win will be the start of our divorce well maybe after 2 or 3 in a row! GBO!

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

Yes it’s ridiculous, even Cracker Barrel’s in Tennessee sell bama gear.

Even losers have their limits

Notebooks? WTF is a bammer going to do with a notebook? Can't read.....Can't write.

I remember alot of Bama fans in Clarksville growing up. Alot of Vol fans too....and alot of Ky basketball fans. Baseball team was St Louis Cardinals...although local radio aired Braves games.

Couple things come to mind as I read through this thread.
I remember a time in the early 1970's when emotions between the VolNation and Bama ran so high that a young lady strolling out of Neyland stadium after Bama had beaten the Vols was hollering "ROLL TIDE"....right up until some over-wrought Big Orange fan punched her in the nose. Not a good choice on either part.
As to Bama stuff selling in the metropolitan Nashville area....face it folks, to paraphrase Shawn Mullins: Nashville is L.A. without the tan.

Reactions: vol66

VN Store

Back