DISCIPLINE

volsfannowandforever

The problem with this year's football season can be sumarized easily--DICIPLINE---OR THE LACK OF IT!! How many players were arrested between the bowl game and the start of Fall practice? I lost count, after it hit double digits. If there is no dicipline off the field, I doubt that there is dicipline on the practice field. And if there is no dicipline on the practice field, don't look for a lot of it on the field on game day. Contrast this to the Lady Vols exhibition game yesterday. Dosty had violated a team rule, so she got to dress for the game, but not play. She had to sit on the bench while the rest of the Lady Vols had a field day. Coach Summitt had played the entire bench within the first 5 or 6 minutes of the game--but not Dosty. Whatever it was she did, I'll bet it will be a cold day in Hell before she does it again! There doesn't have to be a long detailed list of rules. It can be made very simple. Coach Fulmer should simply make it clear that if a player does anything that would embarass himself, his parents, his university of his coaches, there will be hell to pay--no exceptions.

Originally posted by volsfannowandforever@Nov 7, 2005 11:56 PM
The problem with this year's football season can be sumarized easily--DICIPLINE---OR THE LACK OF IT!!  How many players were arrested between the bowl game and the start of Fall practice?  I lost count, after it hit double digits.  If there is no dicipline off the field, I doubt that there is dicipline on the practice field.  And if there is no dicipline on the  practice field, don't look for a lot of it on the field on game day.  Contrast this to the Lady Vols exhibition game yesterday.  Dosty had violated a team rule, so she got to dress for the game, but not play.  She had to sit on the bench while the rest of the Lady Vols had a field day.  Coach Summitt had played the entire bench within the first 5 or 6 minutes of the game--but not Dosty.  Whatever it was she did, I'll bet it will be a cold day in Hell before she does it again!  There doesn't have to be a long detailed list of rules.  It can be made very simple.  Coach Fulmer should simply make it  clear that if a player does anything that would embarass himself, his parents, his university of his coaches, there will be hell to pay--no exceptions.
[snapback]185563[/snapback]​

Amen!!

I also think that a non-athlete student who breaks another student's face in a million pieces would have been kicked out of school, or suspended for a semester. That is discipline.

I think what's important is that Fulmer has his rascals workin' like heck to get better.

Originally posted by Liper@Nov 8, 2005 12:24 AM
I think what's important is that Fulmer has his rascals workin' like heck to get better.
[snapback]185585[/snapback]​

:birgits_giggle:

I thought they showed "flashes"......

Originally posted by Jasongivm6@Nov 8, 2005 12:29 AM
I thought they showed "flashes"...... :moon2:
[snapback]185587[/snapback]​

They're just 23 plays from being undefeated.

Clearly the best 3-5 team in the country right now. :fool:

But the effort is there, so that's good.

Originally posted by Jasongivm6@Nov 8, 2005 12:29 AM
:birgits_giggle:

I thought they showed "flashes"......
[snapback]185587[/snapback]​

I'm not sure about that, I'll have to back and look at the tape.

Couldn't resist....

Originally posted by Liper@Nov 8, 2005 12:33 AM

[snapback]185588[/snapback]​

I would much prefer to be the worst 8-0 team in the country.

Originally posted by volsfannowandforever@Nov 8, 2005 12:37 AM
I would much prefer to be the worst 8-0 team in the country.
[snapback]185593[/snapback]​

Like Bama..... :birgits_giggle:

Originally posted by volsfannowandforever@Nov 7, 2005 11:56 PM
If there is no dicipline off the field, I doubt that there is dicipline on the practice field.  And if there is no dicipline on the  practice field, don't look for a lot of it on the field on game day. 
[snapback]185563[/snapback]​

Great point. I thought Erik Ainge summed it up when he talked about how the coaches needed to make mistakes seem more important in practice. Sounds like even the players know they're not being disciplined enough.

Originally posted by Liper@Nov 8, 2005 12:33 AM

[snapback]185588[/snapback]​

Fulmer is full of CRAP. Shut up Phil and Coach discipline, blocking, taclkleing and catching. We could improve on all of that!

Originally posted by Georgia Vol@Nov 8, 2005 2:30 PM
Great point. I thought Erik Ainge summed it up when he talked about how the coaches needed to make mistakes seem more important in practice. Sounds like even the players know they're not being disciplined enough.
[snapback]185807[/snapback]​

Which brings me to this.... If the players COULD(honestly)speak out on this years problems what would they say?

I don't think we have a leader on the team. People feared Al Wilson and he could lead them in the right direction. We just don't have that anymore.

VN Store

Back