Dirt to find!!!

Yeah, but what did Jimbo actually reveal? I read Fisher's comments. As far as I can tell, he didn't reveal anything. Just lobbed a bunch of accusations at Saban, accusations which have been made before from various parties and have yet to be proven, and then took some personal shots as well. Frankly, he sounded like petulant. All that crap about "we're done" and "he thinks he's God" came off as petty hot air, especially since the thing that started all of this - Saban's statement to his boosters that Texas A&M bought their class - was a more or less universally-accepted fact before any of this stuff started up. Texas A&M did buy that class. Meanwhile Fisher got all whiny about "we don't cheat." Saban never said they cheated. He said they bought their class. Which they did. We all know they did.

I mean, look, I don't like Alabama. I hate Alabama. I hate hate hate them. I know they break rules, I know they're low down dirty sommabitches, I know it's a miracle Logan Young "fell" up the stairs. I'm not saying I think Saban or Alabama is somehow clean, that's obviously not the case. I just don't where Fisher produced anything resembling receipts. It just looks to me like he's been sitting there all spring hearing folks talk dismissively about his super dooper recruiting class, and Saban's comment about the recruiting class tilted him. Tilted him hard.

This has been happening for at least 5 decades.

I am amused by fans of any top program who thinks their school is doing it the right way.

Having seen the dirty side of this it is entertaining watching Nick with his "We have never cheated" nonsense. He has kept hammering that until it has opened up a can of worms that he will not be able to close. I promise you, right now, somewhere, there is a sports journalist making phone calls to former players and assistants to dig as much dirt as can be found. Jimbo just threw it out there but now, someone, somewhere will dig until they find something. Travis Johnson has already declared that he was offered $60,000 just to come on a visit. There's more out there and Nick has no one to blame but himself for this. Once the water begins to flow over the top, the dam is soon to break. I can't believe he was stupid enough to believe he could say that and it not get out. He wanted it out. He already had plans to call Jimbo that night to try and calm the storm. He wanted his view out there because Bama's major donors have money in the low hundreds of millions of dollars instead of many billions of dollars like some of the rest of us. He knows Bama can't keep up because he's done the math. So, he's trying to change the rules. Too bad Nick, the Supreme Court has ruled and that genie is out of the bottle. Many point to Bear Jr. as a major donor who usually gives anonomously. If he's their biggest donor, his entire assets are only $240,000,000 dollars and most of that is a fund he manages.

For reference, the aTm endowment is $18.6 billion. Alabama's is less than 1 billion. The fact is, Bama doesn't have the money to play for long in this high dollar market and now he's scurrying around like a rat trying to figure out how to change it. Too late Nick. This is a capitalist nation and the kids are now going to get paid too.

Doubt it happens. They'll be paid hush money, thus, silencing the whole thing.
Maybe I give the media too much credit but I hope they have enough sense to not mess with the Golden Goose that is college football. Don't poop in your own nest.

A fair playing field is not in the best interest of Ole Nicky.

Did Saben forget about publicly endorsing the Mill. his QB got last year before ever playing a down?
Ole Snake boots Jimbo just doubled down.

Jimbo knows for a fact that Saban cheated while he was there cheating for Saban. Since paying players has been going on widespread for practically for ever, the Coaches justify the cheating by believing the players deserve more because all the money is made off their efforts. As true as that it is, it teaches the young men that cheating is justifiable.

Now they are being taught to flop. At least now that they are paid, they can improve their acting skills.

Reactions: esarmstrong
It is what I have been screaming all along. Saban is an average joe coach - he has had the best players money can buy and has bought. He has used his assistant coaches to be the middle men with the dirty dealings and that is why such a big turnover in staff. It has been stated saban is hard to work for and yea he demands long hours but there is more to that story which is what I just typed. Jimbo knows like everyone else. Don't be fooled by Lane Train Kiffin and his support of saban - lane has his eye on that bummer job when little man leaves and doesn't want to burn that bridge. Kiffin is just as big a cheater as his former little man boss is and has been. Glad someone has told the truth about this dominance by turd and thing about it all Saban started this ****. Should of kept your mouth shut bud.
I’d say having the balls to throw Tua in the game over Hurts in a championship game would indicate he is not an average coach. That said Bama always has and always will cheat their ass off

Reactions: memtownvol
Jimbo knows for a fact that Saban cheated while he was there cheating for Saban. Since paying players has been going on widespread for practically for ever, the Coaches justify the cheating by believing the players deserve more because all the money is made off their efforts. As true as that it is, it teaches the young men that cheating is justifiable.

Now they are being taught to flop. At least now that they are paid, they can improve their acting skills.

Us, Miami, FSU, UF, UGA this list of cheaters goes on and on. Jumbo has cheated likely just as much as Saban. But cheating only gets you so far. Pruitt cheated and we lost. At the end of the day, this Saban/Fisher stuff is nothing but media banter.

Let’s face the facts. Unless you cheat at a high level, you don’t win at a high level.

Saban went Art of War on Jimbo, and Jimbo took the bait like a hungry grouper.

Saban manipulated Jimbo like he was a toddler.

It's not Jimbo that is Saban's biggest issue. He riled up that Jackson State coach by including that program as well. Coach Sanders wants any discussions with Saban to occur in public, where Saban put them out there.

Us, Miami, FSU, UF, UGA this list of cheaters goes on and on. Jumbo has cheated likely just as much as Saban. But cheating only gets you so far. Pruitt cheated and we lost. At the end of the day, this Saban/Fisher stuff is nothing but media banter.

Let’s face the facts. Unless you cheat at a high level, you don’t win at a high level.
NIL changes that. Now that players can be paid though NIL, cheating by pay players is obsolete.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
I’d say having the balls to throw Tua in the game over Hurts in a championship game would indicate he is not an average coach. That said Bama always has and always will cheat their ass off
Believe Dabol was the one who recommended tua to be put in over Hurts so no saban shouldn't get credit but does. What gets me drisco is just like with last year's National Championship loss nickie threw his back up wr's and back up db's under the bus for the loss as he blamed them for not stepping up and improving under his process - I thought nick was a great db coarch? Why didn't he get the backup db's ready? He never takes blame for a loss and the bummer fans never blame him for a loss. I just feel it is easy to coach when you beat the hell out of people by 20 to 30 pts most games. When you get saban in a close game or he is behind he is not that good (which hasn't happened much at turd). I really believe he wants to win one more to trump the bahr regarding total number of nc won there. I don't like the guy either - jimbo pretty much let us know what type of guy saban is. I am sure Jimbo is not much better. Everybody has their opinion but with this guy wanting parity in college football he is just full of it. He just wants it his way - a control freak and that is why the little kid through a fit.

If you can cheat in College and win it all then go to NFL and win it all. That's why I consider Pete Carroll a better navigator and Organizational CZAR Carroll > Saban. Saban as Spurrier failed miserably in the League. The organization they put together is more important than coaching. The hired coaching assistant and staff run the organization like the mafia it's more about assembling Jimmie's & Joe's by hook or crook and it is harder in the NFL.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back