DirecTV and ABC

Those of you that have HD antennas for digital TV. I have a few questions.

How effective is it getting a signal?
How easy is the installation?
How is it installed?

I can’t decide whether to get an HD antenna or use a friend’s Xfinity account to stream ABC, when college football starts. Assuming AT&T and Nexstar don’t come to an agreement.

How is it installed?

I can’t decide whether to get an HD antenna or use a friend’s Xfinity account to stream ABC, when college football starts. Assuming AT&T and Nexstar don’t come to an agreement.
1) Depends on where you live.
2) Really easy.
3) Plug it in. Scan for channels. Watch TV.

How is it installed?

Like I said earlier in this thread there is no such thing as an HD Antenna. Just make sure its UHF/VHF.

I’m only missing ABC in the Memphis market. I currently have CBS, as its owned by a private company .

Have ya called Uverse yet to get a bill reduction? Call them and threaten to leave because of this Nexstar issue, fees are too high (mention that ________ is cheaper), and that you will go to _________ service. Usually the 3rd offer they give you to stay is going to be good....

How is it installed?

I would stream. And FWIW, I found out that there is no such thing as an HD antenna. Any antenna can pick up an HD signal. Here is the kicker, an ATSC 3.0 that is 4K capable so that may be what you want. There is a fairly good article on it

ATSC 3.0 is the future of broadcast TV, and we have all the details

And thanks to those in this thread for the great info

I would stream. And FWIW, I found out that there is no such thing as an HD antenna. Any antenna can pick up an HD signal. Here is the kicker, an ATSC 3.0 that is 4K capable so that may be what you want. There is a fairly good article on it

ATSC 3.0 is the future of broadcast TV, and we have all the details

And thanks to those in this thread for the great info

i dont know for certain but, aren't most 'HD Antennas' amplified by electrical power? though what you're saying is truth. my brother in law, an engineer, built his own antenna. put it on top of his house, bonded it. Voila!

it is what it is. its literally the most basic form of cable, going back to sat array on side of mtn., with shielded copper line running to homes within a vicinity. there are still homes in my footprint that still only receive 1 way communication, ie cable access with no HISP.

It wasnt until fiber fed nodes and Docsis 3 that super high fast internet was available to the masses via cable plant.

Municipality here in Tri Cities is offering first come first serve shared fibre 10GB Sym. BTES and Brighthouse. Word is BH will offer something similar, in an unshared version.

That's crazy. Fiber to the house means no DTV receiver boxes, and local ISP/cable means less red tape and corporate negotiation for content, therefore, better TV lineup.

Have ya called Uverse yet to get a bill reduction? Call them and threaten to leave because of this Nexstar issue, fees are too high (mention that ________ is cheaper), and that you will go to _________ service. Usually the 3rd offer they give you to stay is going to be good....

I'll quote this and ponder the same thing.

??

I’m good to go with the antenna and steaming on the other sets. Keeping direct for now for the nhl center ice I’ve already paid for. Probably my last year w them

Still not on in Sarasota (Tampa market) on Directv Now. As long as it is here by football season is all I care about.

I might be the only one on the side of U-Verse, but I hope they never come to an agreement. Nexstar overpaid for a bunch of stations and is too lazy to put profitable local programming in place, so they go after the viewer that is already having to watch 16+ minutes of commercials every hour.
I've installed an HD antenna, using an amp and splitters, have routed it through the house (used the coax that was in place since all the U-Verse boxes are on CAT-5) now have 28+ channels at every TV. Spent $50 at Best Buy for a digital recorder.... now I'm set.... best $105 ever spent because the wife is happy

VN Store

Back