Dino Gaudio of ESPN just said...

Let's f'n hope not.

An extra year would be bad enough. If he gets a contract extension for beating Iowa(lost 6 of their last 7) and UMass, fml.

Tennessee went on a nice run at the end of the season but if beating Iowa and UMass gets him an extension, yuck.

14-19 Miss St
15-16 Vanderbilt
14-16 Auburn
22-11 Missouri
14-20 South Carolina

Seriously... this is the run everyone is excited about? A play in game because of 5 wins to finish out the season. 4 of which were against below .500 teams. Amaaaaaaaaazing! Add in (potentially) beating Iowa who has lost 6 of their last 7 and UMass, and you think it's worth of an extension? An extra year, MAYBE. But an extension? Wow. Then we really can't afford to buy him out of if he continues sucking.

I can't believe anyone is actually impressed by any of those wins other than Missouri or that anyone is impressed by barely getting into the tournament. If Tennessee loses to Iowa, you'll know Martin is a bad coach. Tennessee has far more talent, so a loss means Martin was outcoached. Which, wouldn't surprise me because Fran is a better coach.

So, let me get this straight: Our backs are to the wall...we proceed to win 5 games in a row against the schedule we have in front of us...we then lose to the #1 team in the nation by a handful....and you're still not happy? I feel sorry for your family.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't be serious right now. It was bad when we lost to sucky teams but it's not enough to absolutely demolish sucky teams? Zo will get an extension because he's in the tournament. We could easily go to the sweet 16 and we are one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Some of you people just love being miserable.

While we are also one of the worst offensive teams in the tournament as well.

I love our bracket. I think we beat Iowa, beat UMass and give Doook a hell of a ride before falling just short of the Sweet 16. That would be pretty good and would earn Coach Martin a contract extension. Face it, We love Bruce, but he is NOT going to coach at UT again, ever.

Does that mean we can't get anyone other than Cuonzo?

While we are also one of the worst offensive teams in the tournament as well.

It's that Big10 style of ball. Defense that can stop anyone and can keep you in ANY game with anyone. But not enough offensive power or scheme to close a game out. #BORING

Cry about it...seriously.

In the highly unlikely event that Auburn does hire Pearl, please, by all means, go root for Auburn, along with the rest of the cadre of Pearl worshippers here. Coaches come and go; the University of Tennessee does not. Therefore, I root for UT, period, regardless of who is coaching the team.

Reactions: 2 people
In the highly unlikely event that Auburn does hire Pearl, please, by all means, go root for Auburn, along with the rest of the cadre of Pearl worshippers here. Coaches come and go; the University of Tennessee does not. Therefore, I root for UT, period, regardless of who is coaching the team.

Well players come, and go as well. I follow them in the NFL, NBA, MLB, or Georgia Tech. If Phil were coaching somewhere I would cheer him on. Where ever Bruce goes I will cheer for him, but NEVER against UT.... EVER.

Obviously, he has not seen UT play the last ten minutes of a close game. If he has, he would never make those predictions.

Obviously, he has not seen UT play the last ten minutes of a close game. If he has, he would never make those predictions.

There certainly is a highlight reel covering multiple ways to fold like a cheap suit in the last 5 minutes. UT could market that to coaching clinics.

I think our D is pretty good but our shooting is the problem, if we get hot we can win two.

Well players come, and go as well. I follow them in the NFL, NBA, MLB, or Georgia Tech. If Phil were coaching somewhere I would cheer him on. Where ever Bruce goes I will cheer for him, but NEVER against UT.... EVER.

So I just found a way that I would root against the vols. I have us losing to Duke in my BILLION dollar bracket. So if I'm perfect at that point I will cheer as hard as I can for Duke. Do I get to keep my fan card?

P.S. If I win I promise to donate $100 million to the VOLS.

So I just found a way that I would root against the vols. I have us losing to Duke in my BILLION dollar bracket. So if I'm perfect at that point I will cheer as hard as I can for Duke. Do I get to keep my fan card?

P.S. If I win I promise to donate $100 million to the VOLS.

No you have to turn the fan card in. But I'm betting they give it back after the 100 mil check clears:)

VN Store

Back