Didnt realize it was 4 years ago today that Vitello was hired.

The only thing Currie done right while at UT.

Most of you guys want to rag the hell out of someone all the time. What good did Fulmer do while he was at UT? What about Hamilton? Hart only hired Barnes. What AD has done more than Currie did for UT the last 25 years? I think we can all read the writing on the wall and know that Currie didn't have a chance as AD with the Haslams and Fulmer whispering in people's ear to continue to divide the athletic program!!! I am appreciative of what Fulmer did as a HFC. But, he had to back stab Majors to get the job, didn't fair well without Cut TWICE, and needed a lot of luck on the field and a STOUT D (Al Wilson and company) to even win one NC. The NC team didn't win it due to Fulmer. They won it in spite of him! He did a great job recruiting for a few years. But, he didn't have Saban, Orgeron, Mullen, Spurrier at USC, Kirby, Franklin, or Pinkle to recruit against. All he had to recruit against most of his tenure in the SEC was Spurrier and Richt for the most part. I am personally glad Fulmer is not the AD. I hope I never see him around the program again other than as a spectator or ceremony of his accomplishments!!! Currie may have ended up being a great AD without some donors and Fulmer trying to run the show and sabotage what the man was trying to accomplish!!!

Most of you guys want to rag the hell out of someone all the time. What good did Fulmer do while he was at UT? What about Hamilton? Hart only hired Barnes. What AD has done more than Currie did for UT the last 25 years? I think we can all read the writing on the wall and know that Currie didn't have a chance as AD with the Haslams and Fulmer whispering in people's ear to continue to divide the athletic program!!! I am appreciative of what Fulmer did as a HFC. But, he had to back stab Majors to get the job, didn't fair well without Cut TWICE, and needed a lot of luck on the field and a STOUT D (Al Wilson and company) to even win one NC. The NC team didn't win it due to Fulmer. They won it in spite of him! He did a great job recruiting for a few years. But, he didn't have Saban, Orgeron, Mullen, Spurrier at USC, Kirby, Franklin, or Pinkle to recruit against. All he had to recruit against most of his tenure in the SEC was Spurrier and Richt for the most part. I am personally glad Fulmer is not the AD. I hope I never see him around the program again other than as a spectator or ceremony of his accomplishments!!! Currie may have ended up being a great AD without some donors and Fulmer trying to run the show and sabotage what the man was trying to accomplish!!!

Haslam’s got Currie as AD.

He made a great hire in Vitello, but as we know, he was dumb in the football search. Football is bigger and was a huge story.

I’m not raging on anyone as I am purely stating the facts. And Fulmer, Currie, Hart and Hamilton all sucked. All them plus a few others at the top are the reason we are in the shape we are in when it comes to UT athletics. Orgeron was once at UT and didn’t get the job and I would expect this would be his last year at LSU. Kiffin is the best coach the football team has had since Fulmer but since we all know the history no need to for me to explain it. Butch Jones was in over his head the day he signed the contract just like Fulmer was in over his head. Rick Barnes is a great coach but Bruce Peral done a better job over all. So at the end of the day it doesn’t matter who the AD is when you still have incompetent leaders at boosters with way to much power. Maybe Danny White will get back on track as he is the most qualified we have had in the last 20 years at the AD. But he can’t do it alone as he needs support from the top of the School Upper Brass. But in the end we all wanna see the Vols be successful all things they do especially in football. But we can not sit back and just make excuses and protest when we don’t like something because as fans we are prolly the least qualified to be making coaching decisions. If the fan base doesn’t riot Currie doesn’t get fired, Fulmer doesn’t get hired and we have either Mike Leach of Greg Schiano which in both cases are way batter Coaches than the d!ckhe@d we ended up with.

Getting his azz fired was the second best thing...
He got fired because he tried to Hire Greg Schiano and Mike Leach. What if UT wouldn’t have caved to the fan base and stuck with Currie and Schiano and then Schiano didn’t lose to Georgia State and was actually Competive would we even care considering the last 20 years?

Reactions: arkyvol
I didn’t have a problem with Currie. Butch was doing well for a few seasons and it fell apart. Currie was flying all over looking for hires. Fulmer came and it fell apart worse. Grant Williams, the admiral, and lots of that Lynchburg stuff got me through those times. Now baseball is helping me more than ever. Go vols!

I didn’t have a problem with Currie. Butch was doing well for a few seasons and it fell apart. Currie was flying all over looking for hires. Fulmer came and it fell apart worse. Grant Williams, the admiral, and lots of that Lynchburg stuff got me through those times. Now baseball is helping me more than ever. Go vols!

Currie tried to use Gruden as a smokescreen...incompetence.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I'll agree with you this far: Hamilton was to U.T. what General Sherman was to Atlanta.

The only thing Currie done right while at UT.

Not entirely. He fired the tennis coach and got Woodruff. He brought the Lady Vols brand back. He wasn't totally bad, and I'd say he was at least better than Fulmer. He was good with spring sports, at least.

I'd be interested to know how Wake Forest is doing since he got there, but I haven't got a good read on it.

He got fired because he tried to Hire Greg Schiano and Mike Leach. What if UT wouldn’t have caved to the fan base and stuck with Currie and Schiano and then Schiano didn’t lose to Georgia State and was actually Competive would we even care considering the last 20 years?
You can chalk much of that up to Clay Travis's little snit fit.

Yep, anyone who says otherwise doesn’t appreciate how Fulmer stepped in and rescued Tennessee football
Yeah, Fulmer rescued UT football. LOL I hope you were being sarcastic. UT may get two years probation and a lot of scholarship reductions due to his hire. Fulmer probably set UT back even more than allowing Currie to make the hire he wanted. Unless, Currie wanted Schiano. I think some of the boosters / Haslams wanted Schiano, not Currie.

Yeah, Fulmer rescued UT football. LOL I hope you were being sarcastic. UT may get two years probation and a lot of scholarship reductions due to his hire. Fulmer probably set UT back even more than allowing Currie to make the hire he wanted. Unless, Currie wanted Schiano. I think some of the boosters / Haslams wanted Schiano, not Currie.

Please allow me to step up and be the leader the Committee has in mind...

This belongs in the Football Forum.

Appreciate it!

GBO!!!

Please allow me to step up and be the leader the Committee has in mind...

This belongs in the Football Forum.

Appreciate it!

GBO!!!

This is about former ADs (Currie / Fulmer), not football in general. Learn to read. You are CLUELESS!!!!! I didn't start the AD named Fulmer that SUPPOSEDLY saved UT football in this thread anyway, jakazz!!!

This is about former ADs (Currie / Fulmer), not football in general. Learn to read. You are CLUELESS!!!!! I didn't start the AD named Fulmer that SUPPOSEDLY saved UT football in this thread anyway, jakazz!!!

Ha! Welcome aboard LMFAO!!!

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back