Did you graduate from UT? Degree?

95 grad speech communication. Changed to Communication Studies or science years later. Dr. Fay Julian was the department director. I think Dr. Hass is the boss now . BA

Never attended UT, though it has always been my favorite school. Paradox, of sorts.

Bachelor degree from West Point (Engineering), masters from Indiana University (West European Studies) and US Army War College (Strategic Studies).
Neyland was a West Point Engineer (I think Civil). They say he pretty much designed the stadium (south end and the part with the dorms in it). Thank you for serving our country.

No. Joined the Army out of HS. Still working on my Bachelors (should be done soon)

Columbia College (MO). 2009. Associates in General Studies

Austin Peay '22 (hopefully). BGS Organizational Administration and Supervision

Last edited:
Reactions: murfvol1
Neyland was a West Point Engineer (I think Civil). They say he pretty much designed the stadium (south end and the part with the dorms in it). Thank you for serving our country.
Thanks, PT.

Yeah, he not only got an engineering degree from USMA (back then, every graduate got an engineering degree, there were no other options until the mid-1980s), but he was also branched Engineer after graduation. So he actually served as an Engineer in his career, which most West Point grads don't (infantry, or cavalry/armor, or artillery, or other options).

I've always been kinda proud that his career and mine followed roughly similar lines. :)

Reactions: ptcarter

Thank you for your service and becoming a UT fan. I would love to hear your opinion/take on UT cancelling the West Point game. I admit I don't know the full story as to why we cancelled though.

95 grad speech communication. Changed to Communication Studies or science years later. Dr. Fay Julian was the department director. I think Dr. Hass is the boss now . BA
Dr. Fay Julian was a nice person and good teacher, had her for public speaking class.

Reactions: TJVol95
Nope.
Bethel University alum x2
BS in Business Management
MBA in Human Resource Management

And I think someone asked a question about how many people actually work in their field of study/use their degree. I am in that group.

Nope, I graduated from Univ. of South Carolina Beaufort (Go Sand Sharks!) in History. Then Education at Armstrong State University which has since been absorbed by Georgia Southern University. The majority of my family lives in Tennessee near Pickwick, so I've been pulling for the Orange and White for a very long time.

UT BS Engineering Science and Mechanics - first spring quarter took a sociology class where the instructor wore a see through shirt about every third class, I never missed a class and almost changed majors.

MBA from Auburn so I double hate Bama and UGA......

BS in Accounting Dec '97
BS in Logistics and Transportation Dec '99

Started in Fall of '94, so I was there for the absolute best of times. I wish I hadn't taken it for granted so much at the time.

Reactions: ptcarter
2 years of a BS in biz admin in the late 80s - went off to California to train for the Olympics (didn't make it) and guide others. Never made it back. MBA much later in Scotland.

Last edited:
UT BS Engineering Science and Mechanics - first spring quarter took a sociology class where the instructor wore a see through shirt about every third class, I never missed a class and almost changed majors.

MBA from Auburn so I double hate Bama and UGA......
What year? I had a class from Dr. Snyder - who was chancellor for a spell. That was in late '70s. A "Strength of Materials" class.

VN Store

Back