Did The Vols Get Jobbed?

Lsu has a breeze to the Title game while UT has to deal with 2 legits in Msu & UK----And Vice versa for the Kitties. The seeding looks a little Questionable to me.
The perks of being the #1. What's the question? There are tie-breakers in place that determine seeding, and the conference winner always gets the easier seeds.

True you eventually have to beat them all anyway. I am glad we are getting some much needed rest.I think it will do wonders for our team.

I think that can't be understated. It has been a long grind, and I think the team is at least emotionally tired.

Reactions: tn4elvis
You get what you earn. Vols earned a 3 seed. Deal with it.
...and I take exception to this just a bit. The logic in seeding Kentucky over Tennessee isn't very strong. They are both 15-3 in conference and split during the season. The reality is they earned a 2 seed... but you can't have two 2 seeds. They had to go all the way to the games vs the 5th place team in the conference to find a difference... that is weak.

...and I take exception to this just a bit. The logic in seeding Kentucky over Tennessee isn't very strong. They are both 15-3 in conference and split during the season. The reality is they earned a 2 seed... but you can't have two 2 seeds. They had to go all the way to the games vs the 5th place team in the conference to find a difference... that is weak.

What other way would you do it? Number of ranked wins? That's UK. SOS? That's UK. NET? That's UK.

Reactions: 08Vol
The rest of the SEC got jobbed by LSU and SEC refs. LSU should disqualify themselves from the tourney. They know as we all do. Their coach is a cheat and they’ve been playing ineligible players .

They should be disqualified by the SEC from competing. We all know where this is headed.
They're going to allow LSU to possibly win the SECT, and possibly win the NCAAT. Then strip them of the titles and wins, so Fn stupid to let it play out like this.
They are guilty as sin, write that down.

What other way would you do it? Number of ranked wins? That's UK. SOS? That's UK. NET? That's UK.
I don't think there is a good way to differentiate when you have an 18 game schedule in a conference with 14 teams... there will invariably be inequity. My point is Tennessee and Kentucky tied for 2nd - which means that Tennessee didn't "earn the 3rd seed".

I don't think there is a good way to differentiate when you have an 18 game schedule in a conference with 14 teams... there will invariably be inequity. My point is Tennessee and Kentucky tied for 2nd - which means that Tennessee didn't "earn the 3rd seed".
Sure they did. Beat Auburn (like Kentucky did) and you earned the 2. If Bama was the 5, and we got the 2, you'd be saying they earned it.

Sure they did. Beat Auburn (like Kentucky did) and you earned the 2. If Bama was the 5, and we got the 2, you'd be saying they earned it.
No, I would still say that is a weak way to differentiate seeds.... but there just isn't a fair way to do it in a conference with 14 teams that plays an 18 game schedule.

I think that can't be understated. It has been a long grind, and I think the team is at least emotionally tired.
I
I think you hit the nail on the head.They have looked emotionally drained the last few weeks.I hope CRB gives them 3 or 4 days off away from basketball. I think it would do wonders for them.

And how else would you do it? Ky beat Tenn by 17, Tennessee beat Ky by 19, would that do it? That is weak. Ky beat Auburn twice, Tennessee lost to Auburn once. That is the typical way all tie breakers happen after head-to-head match up. Like it or not, KY played a tougher SEC schedule, and beat the 5th place team and Tennessee didnt. That's fair cause that is how its always been done. You know how ties are broken to begin with.

VN Store

Back