Did the Tournaments just show where the BB Vols really are?

Purdue played phenomenally. They would have beaten most teams yesterday. Despite that, we had the game in our grasps. This was a very good Tennessee team. Sometimes that’s how it goes in the tournament. They key to tournament success is to make a lot of tournaments.
This x1000, Coach K has what 5 titles in 40 years and every year he has the most talent and is regarded as the best coach in cbb

Is there a complication anywhere of Clines 3s yesterday? Can anyone recall such an unoncsious shooting performance in and NCAA tournament game? It was incredible.

His shot isn’t fundamental either. Leans back, which you don’t teach at a young age.

Is there a complication anywhere of Clines 3s yesterday? Can anyone recall such an unoncsious shooting performance in and NCAA tournament game? It was incredible.
Only one I can think of is Jerry McNamara in that 1st half of the title game

Call it bad luck, hex, or whatever but both Colgate and Purdue have kids have double their season averages against good defense and Kentucky has the NCAA greatest 3 pt shooter in history go 0-12.....

I remember Elvin Hayes had such a night against UCLA and Lew Alcindor. He couldn't miss and it was one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen.

Not in the tourney, but Lofton had s few of those at UT - fun times!

People put way too much stock in a one and done tournament on a lot of levels.

I’ve seen teams a lot worse than this Tennessee team make the Final Four.

You need a team good enough and you need some things to go your way.

What I will say is that over the years, it is more and more evident that you need 4 guys who reliably knock down 3’s.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Needed to put in two good halves in one game. Didn't do it so here we are.

But I'll say this, they were a lot of fun to watch and I'm proud of our Vols.

Purdue didn't put together 2 good halvess but BB is a game that can be decided by a missed shot that may have dropped on looser rims see UCF VS duke or ref makes a call that should have been no call see Purdue See LSU these teams are that close miss FT like UT & Purdue both missed half of theirs. Either team shoot their normal% its a 10 point win.

TN isn't one of the 12 teams that didn't play on Sunday in the SECT and they aren't one of the 337 teams that didn't make it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAAT.

VN Store

Back