Did Nick Saban just step in it?

Where did I mention any party? Both have their groups full of stupid. Some even believe they're entitled to a portion of the money I earn each week

I stand by my assessment that if you can't get an id and can't be bothered to leave your house to vote then you should have zero voice in our representative govt

And I stand by my assessment that supporters of The Big Lie should have zero voice in our representative government.

A part of me wants to agree with you. Another part understands the inherent ableism and fundamentalist nationalism that will rear its ugly head if that came to pass.
I get that but a basic understanding of such a dangerous tool should be the minimum we ask for

Reactions: AM64
It’s amazing how little you think of people. Let’s take the Georgia bill for example. Who is prevented from voting by that bill?

@TN Ribs , where'd you go? I thought you were telling us how republicans are trying to stop voters. Let's hear. I was told the Georgia bill is the new Jim Crow by a trustworthy source (our president, Joe Biden). Can you explain who it prevents from voting and how?

He got some false information that raised platforms were being added to the voting booths for dwarfs was in the bill.

I’m certain that’s why he wrote the letter.

Reactions: dovervolz and AM64
Which contradicts your other posts thatn it is the GOP who is scared
No, it doesn't. Just using your own logic against you. Not having an ID is a deal breaker for you so it stands to reason that being completely uniformed would be a deal breaker as well.

No, it doesn't. Just using your own logic against you. Not having an ID is a deal breaker for you so it stands to reason that being completely uniformed would be a deal breaker as well.
It's highly likely those groups represented in a Venn diagram look suspiciously like a circle

The deal breakers for me is not having to show an ID, blanket mailing of mail in ballots and ballot harvesting, take those out and the dems might get some republican support.

[B]@TN Ribs , where'd you go?[/B] I thought you were telling us how republicans are trying to stop voters. Let's hear. I was told the Georgia bill is the new Jim Crow by a trustworthy source (our president, Joe Biden). Can you explain who it prevents from voting and how?

Are you stalking me? That's creepy.
Please show me where I said Republicans are trying to stop votes. Are yo imagining things now?

Are you stalking me? That's creepy.
Please show me where I said Republicans are trying to stop votes. Are yo imagining things now?

It's amazing how scared the GOP is of more people voting.

So to be clear you believe the GOP fears more people voting, but that they are not actively attempting to suppress votes?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So to be clear you believe the GOP fears more people voting, but that they are not actively attempting to suppress votes?

Here's the deal, I'll make it as clear as possible since I've already posted more today than I usually do in several weeks and time is tight.

It's very simple. I believe we need to make it easier to vote, not more difficult. Election fraud was non-existent in 2020 - there is zero proof to think otherwise. If you want elected leaders to be representative of their constituents which is the goal of democracy, we need more people voting, not fewer. The more people vote, the more representative elected leaders will be - again, it's not complicated.

Here's the deal, I'll make it as clear as possible since I've already posted more today than I usually do in several weeks and time is tight.

It's very simple. I believe we need to make it easier to vote, not more difficult. Election fraud was non-existent in 2020 - there is zero proof to think otherwise. If you want elected leaders to be representative of their constituents which is the goal of democracy, we need more people voting, not fewer. The more people vote, the more representative elected leaders will be - again, it's not complicated.
More people is absolutely never the solution. A more informed electorate is the solution however that is the opposite to what our current govt wants

There’s plenty of credible evidence of election fraud in 2020, just like every election. It’s amazing anyone could believe there’s no evidence

Making voting easier doesn’t accomplish anything. More opinions is not necessarily especially if by more you mean including people who don’t know the last four of their social security number. That’s a really low bar.

There’s plenty of credible evidence of election fraud in 2020, just like every election. It’s amazing anyone could believe there’s no evidence

Making voting easier doesn’t accomplish anything. More opinions is not necessarily especially if by more you mean including people who don’t know the last four of their social security number. That’s a really low bar.
Don't mix up what he's actually saying. He wants anyone within the borders of this country to vote by any means, those here illegally, those that want to vote multiple times, he does not want a fair election.

You're free to call people with vastly different life experiences stupid if you want to. I hope one day you have the opportunity to minister to them.

Question…..let’s assume you and your wife make about 100k combined income. Could be higher or lower and it’s none of my business. I just picked an even number.

Let’s say you own a home and after 30 years of saving and scrapping you have 500k in retirement accounts.

Would you randomly rent a van and drive around and go grab a homeless person, then swing by the person and grab someone who is just now being released for theft, then go grab a middle aged person who has never held a job and is a crack addict and then keep finding people just like this until you had about a dozen.

Then bring these people back home and this dozen along with you and your wife each get to vote on how your hard earned money is spent. You will also get to vote on your taxes and how your retirement should be used and taxed.

Every bill you have these 12 strangers now get an equal say in.

Because that’s what the progressives want. They want the homeless guy, the guy right out of prison, the life long crack addict to decide your fate and everyone else’s fate in this country.

That is too low a bar for me.

Question…..let’s assume you and your wife make about 100k combined income. Could be higher or lower and it’s none of my business. I just picked an even number.

Let’s say you own a home and after 30 years of saving and scrapping you have 500k in retirement accounts.

Would you randomly rent a van and drive around and go grab a homeless person, then swing by the person and grab someone who is just now being released for theft, then go grab a middle aged person who has never held a job and is a crack addict and then keep finding people just like this until you had about a dozen.

Then bring these people back home and this dozen along with you and your wife each get to vote on how your hard earned money is spent. You will also get to vote on your taxes and how your retirement should be used and taxed.

Because that’s what the progressives want. They want the homeless guy, the guy right out of prison, the life long crack addict to decide your fate and everyone else’s fate in this country.

Then we need to change the Constitution.

That's not all the they want. They want completely mass unrestricted mail in voting, ballot harvesting, and no verification of any ballots. The election in 2020 was their wet dream and they want it even more widespread.

I'm going to assume that the majority of people on this site actually get out and work for a living and therefore provide for their families needs. I've worked for the past 40 something years and have managed to take time to vote. How is it that folks who sit home in front of the big screen waiting on that government check can't somehow find the time to do their civic duty of voting. I'm asked to show proof of ID when voting and that's no problem for me, why should it bother others to do the same. Where's the suppression? Laziness isn't an excuse. While I've never been on government assistance again I assume you have to produce an ID to get signed up for that.

That's why GA expanded voting. How's the president's home state doing on that front?

But yes, fewer voters would actually be better. If you can't be bothered to leave your house to vote, or request a ballot if there's a good reason, then there is little chance that is an informed voter.

God, if that's the objective of our voting laws, then we might as well go back to a monarchy.

God, if that's the objective of our voting laws, then we might as well go back to a monarchy.
That will never be the goal as it would be to the detriment of govt.

I just think requiring a modicum of effort is not unreasonable for voting given how big an impact it could have

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back