Did anyone hear Sabans press conference after the game? Go to youtube 45 sec mark.

We gave them a fight for a little while and tightened that sphincter. They know it and they felt it. They can admit or not, but everyone else knows it.

Reactions: Woke
Agreed. He's just saying don't get cocky and look past LSU because of their record. He even goes on to say he has great respect for the QB, coach and out team
Nothing really to see here
Yes, he was saying “we have a bye week coming up” (for the next two weeks they will be competing against themselves) and then they will be playing a real team in two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Given what he said throughout, I don't think he's implying that UT is not a "real team." I think he's saying that the players can't look at LSU's results and think it's going to be an easy game.
Agree. Don’t think he was talking about UT...think it was LSU and their situation and maybe jab at LSU brass b/c he likes coach O (for some reason)

Given what he said throughout, I don't think he's implying that UT is not a "real team." I think he's saying that the players can't look at LSU's results and think it's going to be an easy game.
I concur. If you just listened to the first minute you might be offended.

Saw the same thing and wondered why it didn't get more attention from UT fans.
I am enraged by such a dismissive comment about the program that still has the most wins vs Bama, including our record 7-game win streak during the late 90's / early 2000's. Vols also are still 2nd in SEC titles.

The quote .....................

Saban said his team must use its bye week wisely.
"We have a real team we have to play in two weeks," he said, referring to LSU, Alabama's opponent on Nov. 6. "We need to get some rest. We need to recover. We also need to focus on what we need to do to finish the season and get some of these things corrected."

Reactions: shodog
The heat miser said you are not a real team ... yet.... but we scared him, because of the rivalry, and the crowd had to save their ass. That's what he said.

When Saban said Dooley is doing a great job at UT, I knew when he talks about other teams he's trolling.

Disagree. He slipped up and said what he really felt about UT. He and his bunch thought we were a joke....just like most of the country.

The only story that counts is the scoreboard at the final whistle.
I hope important decisions in your life get a little more attention than a final outcome. 14 of those 4th quarter points resulted from a pick and a 4th down final attempt to remain in the game. Alabama was more talented, had more depth, and a Coach with greater than a decade with his system in place. Anyone who gave the Vols more than a punchers chance is delusional. That being said, final results usually have more involved than a final score, ask OJ.

Correct. If you're stupid. Go kick rocks if that's all you're interested in.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Moral victories, coulda, shoulda , woulda, blame the refs is for losers.
A four score loss was. is and shall always be a beatdown.
Why play if winning is not the object?
There were no participation cigars passed out after the game.
Accepting mediocracy ALWAYS assures mediocre results.

A real team? LOL he's so full of crap... he wasn't having his little temper tantrums on the sideline for nothing- hell, he saw how kinda strong Tennessee was playing... he was skeert? OHHH look how bald he's getting!! LOL

I am not sure he meant it the way it came off, but if he did, this is not how you act against "fake teams"

Stupid is as stupid does.
Moral victories, coulda, shoulda , woulda, blame the refs is for losers.
A four score loss was. is and shall always be a beatdown.
Why play if winning is not the object?
There were no participation cigars passed out after the game.
Accepting mediocracy ALWAYS assures mediocre results.

You and losers like you are the only ones mentioning moral victory.

This is a place to talk about the games, good and bad, not cry like little babies.

We didn't lose because of bad calls, but there were bad calls. We didn't lose because we suck, we lost because we've had over 15 years of incompetence. In that same time Al***** has had arguably the best years of any program in the history of the sport.

There were alot of good things that were seen Saturday that can give us all hope for the future, something that has lacked for a decade. If all you have to do is bitch and cry, you need to give up football because obviously you don't know anything about it.

I deleted my original because I shouldn't have called you stupid. I should have kept it to myself.

Now, now that doesn't feed the victim mentality around here so that can't be true.

You and losers like you are the only ones mentioning moral victory.

This is a place to talk about the games, good and bad, not cry like little babies.

We didn't lose because of bad calls, but there were bad calls. We didn't lose because we suck, we lost because we've had over 15 years of incompetence. In that same time Al***** has had arguably the best years of any program in the history of the sport.

There were alot of good things that were seen Saturday that can give us all hope for the future, something that has lacked for a decade. If all you have to do is bitch and cry, you need to give up football because obviously you don't know anything about it.

I deleted my original because I shouldn't have called you stupid. I should have kept it to myself.
Perhaps if you hang your hat on hope for the future you should give up Vol football. The UT Admin sells the same false hope with every new coach. Flash in the pan and poof they are gone. Let us continue our discussion in three years and we can see how your hope for the future works out for you.

You’re correct. It’s not Nick Saban’s nature to put down ANY team. He just doesn’t do it.
Saban actually has given the gumps a little class. Something a true gump does not have. Remember Saban is not a gump. He is hired help which without they would still be as lousy as they were when he showed up.

VN Store

Back