Dick's House of Sport

Panthro

If you've driven past West Town Mall in the past few weeks, you've probably seen the new Dick's Sporting Goods. They have a 40 foot rock climbing wall, a batting cage, three Trackman golf simulators, a health/wellness area, and an outdoor playing field with a two-lane track. The outdoor field is turf made of recycled ocean plastic.
They will host events like kids' sports camps, yoga classes, fitness training sessions, adult sports leagues, etc.
I think it will be a really cool thing for the community, and I figured some of you local guys would appreciate it.

Last edited:
If you've driven past West Town Mall in the past few weeks, you've probably seen the new (enormous) Dick's

To call it impressive would be an understatement! I think it will be a really cool thing for the community, and I figured some of you local guys would appreciate it.

Not exactly how I spend my free time...

If you've driven past West Town Mall in the past few weeks, you've probably seen the new (enormous) Dick's Sporting Goods that's where Sears used to be. They have a 40 foot rock climbing wall, a batting cage, three Trackman golf simulators, a health/wellness area, and an outdoor playing field with a two-lane track around it. The outdoor field is turf made of recycled ocean plastic.
They will host events like kids' sports camps, yoga classes, fitness training sessions, adult sports leagues, etc.
To call it impressive would be an understatement! I think it will be a really cool thing for the community, and I figured some of you local guys would appreciate it.
It’s not as if Dicks on Peters wasn’t enough. Now we have enormous Dicks.

For the record, I wasn’t trying to set people up for a 5th grade joke. I just wanted to point out that the place really is huge. It’s the largest DSG location, and we’ve got it here in Knoxville.

That's a really cool concept! They kinda lost their place here when Academy came in.

Sell the things to do the things. Smart.

Reactions: Panthro
What does it say about me that I am snickering with almost every comment here? Recently, I made an immature comment and my wife was like "What are you, 10?" and I was like "You wish"

I must admit that before Panthro edited his original post that was attempting to correct Toujours Pret...I was going to respond with "You really know your D...'s"...but figured that would not go over too well. :mad:

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I must admit that before Panthro edited his original post that was attempting to correct Toujours Pret...I was going to respond with "You really know your D...'s"...but figured that would not go over too well. :mad:
Why not? Great way to get a good workout. Especially one of this size! I’m sure they’re just looking forward to finally making it to that grand opening.

Reactions: Godfatha

VN Store

Back