Derek Chauvin trial

It is possible to see it differently than you because overdose is not the only cause of hypoxia. Like maybe someone's knee. Duh dude

The witness is named Martin J. Tobin, MD.

Yeah and my point is you can’t separate the two. You proclaim it was x that killed the man given y would have same result.

Yeah and my point is you can’t separate the two. You proclaim it was x that killed the man given y would have same result.

I'm just telling you what the witness said. Since we're both not doctors and he is, I'll go with his thoughts over yours, thanks

I'm just telling you what the witness said. Since we're both not doctors and he is, I'll go with his thoughts over yours, thanks

Seems like you’re picking the doctor who said what you want, given multiple doctors have testified. But I’ll get back to you when I’m done watching the cross

It is possible to see it differently than you because overdose is not the only cause of hypoxia. Like maybe someone's knee. Duh dude

The witness is named Martin J. Tobin, MD.

I will give you that this expert does claim opioid death is not what killed Floyd. There’s a lot of issues with that, which the defense should’ve done a better job of addressing.

Such as “if he died due to the weigh of Chauvin, why was he claiming he couldn’t breathe before Chauvin was on him”?

I assume they’ll address that once they call their own expert. But I think they should’ve asked that.

Do you have an answer? If George Floyd’s respiratory issue is from the weight of Chauvin, why was he claiming he couldn’t breathe before Chauvin was on him?

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL_79
I will give you that this expert does claim opioid death is not what killed Floyd. There’s a lot of issues with that, which the defense should’ve done a better job of addressing.

Such as “if he died due to the weigh of Chauvin, why was he claiming he couldn’t breathe before Chauvin was on him”?

I assume they’ll address that once they call their own expert. But I think they should’ve asked that.

Do you have an answer? If George Floyd’s respiratory issue is from the weight of Chauvin, why was he claiming he couldn’t breathe before Chauvin was on him?

I dont have to answer that cause I'm not the one on trial, Chauvin is. But it doesn't matter. You can kill a guy and whatever he said before you kill him is irrelevant

I dont have to answer that cause I'm not the one on trial, Chauvin is. But it doesn't matter. You can kill a guy and whatever he said before you kill him is irrelevant

I don't know how it's going to play out in trial when it's all said and done but are you suggesting that recorded video testimony by the subject at the time of the incident is "irrelevant"? That seems rather pointedly dismissive.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Obviously it’s extremely relevant given he died from asphyxia. Seems like there’s something underlying the doctor did not address, if he’s complaining before anything happens

Obviously it’s extremely relevant given he died from asphyxia. Seems like there’s something underlying the doctor did not address, if he’s complaining before anything happens

Obviously neither you nor @Tastylicks are experts on the subject. Only one of you seems to realize it though. I will be interested to see what the defense witness has to say.

Obviously neither you nor @Tastylicks are experts on the subject. Only one of you seems to realize it though. I will be interested to see what the defense witness has to say.

You believe it takes an expert to know the man was clearly saying in the video that he couldn’t breathe well before Chauvin was on him?

Or to know that opiate overdose leads to hypoxia?

But seriously, your appeal to authority is adorable

I been watching as much of the trial as I can. Because I want to know everything. Because, watching the video, it looks bad. After watching the police chief, got me thinking. Isn't that an elected spot? If he was to say Derek didnt break protocol, he wouldn't be elected next cycle. Idk, just a thought

I been watching as much of the trial as I can. Because I want to know everything. Because, watching the video, it looks bad. After watching the police chief, got me thinking. Isn't that an elected spot? If he was to say Derek didnt break protocol, he wouldn't be elected next cycle. Idk, just a thought
The Chief was saying verbatim what the City's lawyers wanted him to say, regardless of his actual opinion

Reactions: MemphisVol77

It’s insane that he would openly lie like that. The restraint has been used 44 times over the last 5 years by his department and the defense even provided the internal training documents.

The chief should be charged

You believe it takes an expert to know the man was clearly saying in the video that he couldn’t breathe well before Chauvin was on him?

Or to know that opiate overdose leads to hypoxia?

But seriously, your appeal to authority is adorable

I guess you're the expert. Those things you mentioned... they don't prove his cause of death. They are circumstances you're using to infer his cause of death.

Reactions: Tastylicks

no. Police chief in Minneapolis is not an elected position. Just a regular guy who worked hard his whole life to be put in a leadership role

It’s insane that he would openly lie like that. The restraint has been used 44 times over the last 5 years by his department and the defense even provided the internal training documents.

The chief should be charged

Charge the chief?!?!? psychoooo

The Chief was saying verbatim what the City's lawyers wanted him to say, regardless of his actual opinion

I dont think so. try to put yourself in his position.

The guy is a 5th-generation Minneapolis resident. This is his community. He joined the MPD in 1989, thats 30 years ago. He's been through a lot, he's tried to better his community and improve relations with the police for 3 decades. He becomes chief and he wants to an even better job serving and protecting his community - because now its his reputation too.

and one of his thug underlings ruins all the hard work he's put in, in a measly 9 1/2 minutes over a fake $20 bill.

I would be pissed off if I was that chief! I think he showed incredible restraint and was as real as it gets about what happened.

Another 30 year old black man killed last night in Chicago. 117 so far this year.

Why doesn't anyone care about them?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Just not ones where the person was murdered by a cop and then ex cops and others with no medical certification claim it was one.
It's not a stretch considering the medical examiners own report say he had almost 3 times what is considered a lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system. Not to mention one of their notes essentially states that in absence of the video they would have ruled OD.

Reactions: hUTch2002
no. Police chief in Minneapolis is not an elected position. Just a regular guy who worked hard his whole life to be put in a leadership role
police chiefs are appointed by politicians and usually have a heavy hand in local politics themselves. Hard work doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it

VN Store

Back