Dental Anxiety/Phobia -- Wisdom Teeth

AJeray4TN

His Shirts Don't Wrinkle
So I just scheduled my appointment to have my two lowers removed. I'm scared sh!tless by the dentist. What can I expect? I've never even had a broken bone, let alone been sedated like this. Type IV Sedation I believe?

At least the dentist office was pretty pimp. All gorgeous woman, naturally. When my girlfriend asked me how I picked the office, I forwarded her the link. She just rolled her eyes and called me a pig. Oh well, if that's what it takes to get me in there, than so be it.

:good!:If you are sedated very well wont feel a thing, be sore about a week. A little pain a day or 2. Take your pain meds you will be all right.

:good!:If you are sedated very well wont feel a thing, be sore about a week. A little pain a day or 2. Take your pain meds you will be all right.

It's this twilight sedation BS that has me skeptical. Hard to wrap my head around the fact that I will be awake.

Had all four of mine cut out when I was fourteen. Surgery went off without a hitch. Was sore as hell for a week. Had great pain meds though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think I'm more nervous about crapping myself in front of those hotties.

So I just scheduled my appointment to have my two lowers removed. I'm scared sh!tless by the dentist. What can I expect? I've never even had a broken bone, let alone been sedated like this. Type IV Sedation I believe?

At least the dentist office was pretty pimp. All gorgeous woman, naturally. When my girlfriend asked me how I picked the office, I forwarded her the link. She just rolled her eyes and called me a pig. Oh well, if that's what it takes to get me in there, than so be it.

Three things.

1. Get all four done now, not just two.

2. Get totally knocked out for it.

3. Send the link so I can see these lovely dental technicians.

It's this twilight sedation BS that has me skeptical. Hard to wrap my head around the fact that I will be awake.

You take a couple of deep breaths, then the next thing you know, somebody says its time to wake up, the procedure is over and you feel flat out giddy. What's no to like?

Reactions: 1 person

Had all four of mine cut out at the same time.the procedure won't be bad but the after part is what's so bad.alot of swelling and some pain but they give you some pretty good drugs.
I don't know if they still put you under or not.i was out for at least two hours.they had to cut mine out in four pieces,that's each one in four pieces.i looked like a squirrel with its mouth full for about a week and a half.

Three things.

1. Get all four done now, not just two.

2. Get totally knocked out for it.

3. Send the link so I can see these lovely dental technicians.

Top wisdom teeth aren't even near the surface yet, and daddy needs new golf clubs. I'm already having sticker shock for two.

Reactions: goldenvol
Had all four of mine cut out at the same time.the procedure won't be bad but the after part is what's so bad.alot of swelling and some pain but they give you some pretty good drugs.
I don't know if they still put you under or not.i was out for at least two hours.they had to cut mine out in four pieces,that's each one in four pieces.i looked like a squirrel with its mouth full for about a week and a half.

Really? Dang, I was feeling and eating perfectly fine the next night. Got all four out.

You take a couple of deep breaths, then the next thing you know, somebody says its time to wake up, the procedure is over and you feel flat out giddy. What's no to like?

Well that'll be quite the role reversal. Usually I'm on the other side of that conversation.

Really? Dang, I was feeling and eating perfectly fine the next night. Got all four out.

My wisdom teeth were twice the size they were supposed to be.been dumb as a bucket ever since.

You won't feel a thing. The worse thing is dry socket after they're pulled but that's pretty rare.

Last edited:
That's cool, but you seemed to skip "3".

40_under_40_Prather.jpg

Make sure they get all the stitches out when you go back.they left one in my mouth and it got infected.i was in Mi. At the time hunting and my dad had to take it out.thought I was going to have to go to the hospital but after it was out I was ok.

Make sure they get all the stitches out when you go back.they left one in my mouth and it got infected.i was in Mi. At the time hunting and my dad had to take it out.thought I was going to have to go to the hospital but after it was out I was ok.

Most oral stitches desolve.

You can get high as hell, flirt with the *****es, and get great pain meds.

All you can do is, win.

And if you wake up in the middle of the surgery and see that the surgeon uses what looks like plain old garage pliers - and has his hand in the middle of your forehead and a knee on your chest yanking, yanking.... Just relax - that is normal procedure

VN Store

Back