Delaying the Inevitable

I think the most important thing Pruitt could’ve done this year is bench JG for another qb and it looks like it’s paying off. If he had done it vs UK we have 3 more wins

Well he didn’t and we don’t so he needs to go.

First strike Florida off the list. It doesn’t matter who is our HC Florida is an automatic loss. Beating UGA and Bama? Lol.

The future HCs at TN should no longer be judged by the UF, UGA and Bama games. Those ships have sailed imo. Rather the HC should be judged on the UK, SC and Vandy games.

That’s ********, there is no reason in the world we can’t be competitive and win against those programs.

Reactions: onevol74
Can we save negative comments till tomorrow. I have my own reservations as well. I believe he deserves 1 more year to see where we are. He trying to infuse youth. We got hit with covid way harder than most in our conference. Kids have played hard all year. Let's celebrate today atleast.

He has done nothing to deserve another day let alone another year.

The greatest risk to the program now would not be Pruitt moving on to shine in other places, the risk is Fulmer actually trying to hire another head coach in January after this mess, fan apathy and enough red ink to sink the department and color the Tennessee River for the holiday season. Fulmer has no short list, hasn't a clue and is a ticking time bomb for another colossal failure of a top shelf football hire.
Fulmer could be excused for hiring Pruitt under trying circumstances. But he cannot be excused for the raise and extension he gave Pruitt.

First strike Florida off the list. It doesn’t matter who is our HC Florida is an automatic loss. Beating UGA and Bama? Lol.

The future HCs at TN should no longer be judged by the UF, UGA and Bama games. Those ships have sailed imo. Rather the HC should be judged on the UK, SC and Vandy games.
I don't think we should lower our standards just so we can keep a coach. Tennessee has a history (although old) of being a championship contender consistently. Of course, our fall from grace has been painful and our suffering has endured for decades now, but we can't lower our standards. Once the fanbase is satisfied with a ceiling of 9-3, we won't be able to find a coach that will get us to championship contention.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
That’s ********, there is no reason in the world we can’t be competitive and win against those programs.

Come on man, remove any team with a pulse, swap QBs, hire competent defensive assistants, a new QB coach, and a new online coach, and we have a winning record, and Pruitt is a genius.

First time in my life we won a football game, in SEC play, and I’m not excited. I know beating a winless and roster depleted vandy brings back the complete disaster we have for a coaching staff. I now expect next year to barely make a bowl game, if that. Florida choking was more rewarding that the vols winning. That’s where we are as a program.

Changes need to be made. All I’ve heard is how much Fulmer bleeds orange and loves UT, if that is the case the guys would step down voluntarily without a buyout.

Fulmer loves Fulmer.

He didn't do what would have been good for the program in firing Sanders or fading gracefully unto the sunset.

Sure won't step back now that he wormed his way to the top of the heap.

Spent his down time snipping at every coach they hired ( not that they didn't necessarily deserve it ). Then went from a special assisistant to a temporary AD to permanent AD. THEN gets himself an extension for 3 years while keeping it hush hush as he pressured assistant coaches into taking pay cuts.

Those people you refer to saying Fulmer loves the program are beyond naive.

I really don't get why some of you bit*h about Fulmer. What has he done to offend y'all??? Be mad at Mike Hamilton....Fulmer didn't put us in this shi*tshow. I'm not saying he's the world's greatest AD, but the previous ADs almost had to try to screw up to get it this bad. Dave Hart was terrible.....

Changes need to be made. All I’ve heard is how much Fulmer bleeds orange and loves UT, if that is the case the guys would step down voluntarily without a buyout.
You and I both know that won’t happen. His ego won’t allow that.

I really don't get why some of you bit*h about Fulmer. What has he done to offend y'all??? Be mad at Mike Hamilton....Fulmer didn't put us in this shi*tshow. I'm not saying he's the world's greatest AD, but the previous ADs almost had to try to screw up to get it this bad. Dave Hart was terrible.....
Fulmer is worse than Hamilton or Bama Dave in my opinion. Historically he will be known as the only person to sink this program twice. A real AD would have a plan to fix this crap show.

Hired Pruitt.

Gave him a contract with guaranteed 60% of contract balance no mitigation.

Extended Pruitt to 8 years before he'd even coached his 3rd season.

Fulmer is more incompetent as AD than Hart or Currie, and is working on surpassing Hamilton.

It’s not inevitable. Likely? Yes, IMO, but hardly inevitable.

There’s enough talent on this team to put together a 8-5 or 9-4 year next year. I’m hardly predicting it, but it’s possible, and if it happens, who do you think is the coach in ‘22?

I know who I think it would be.

Fulmer loves Fulmer.

He didn't do what would have been good for the program in firing Sanders or fading gracefully unto the sunset.

Sure won't step back now that he wormed his way to the top of the heap.

Spent his down time snipping at every coach they hired ( not that they didn't necessarily deserve it ). Then went from a special assisistant to a temporary AD to permanent AD. THEN gets himself an extension for 3 years while keeping it hush hush as he pressured assistant coaches into taking pay cuts.

Those people you refer to saying Fulmer loves the program are beyond naive.

Agreed

Hamilton wouldn’t have been AD had Fulmer not pushed him for the job.

VN Store

Back