Defensive Line Replacements Have Potential..

This is probably the 4th time I have made this point so I apologize for being a broken record but I do think there is great value in our soft start next season. Even though I have always taken a great deal of pride in Tennessee scheduling tough OOC competition right out of the gait I am thrilled we start with Ga State, BYU and Chattanooga next year. Those are going to be 3 insanely valuable games to get these youngsters on the field, in front of a big crowd, and buying in. It will also give our coaching staff time to make adjustments. I am not saying we will walk away from the swamp with a win in week 4 but I feel much better about that game knowing our players have not already been blown up in a game against Oklahoma or someone like that. I also think pushing the UGA game back will help us in the long run.

All that being said though as soon as we get back to being Tennessee again I would like to see some of those OOC games come back.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
A lot of turnover, a lot of unknowns.. but lets not act like we lost the steel curtain of the new york sack exchange (dating myself here) upfront.. I'm excited to see who steps up.
Agree. We NEEDED to lose those players and usher in a higher caliber of SEC DL player. Hopefully we have those on the roster, we’ll see.

They can if DL can keep OL off of them.. Hard to play LB if you have a 300+lb nasty leaning on you

True that. I have been looking at some of the weigh ins at the Combine today. Jawaan Taylor OT out of Florida for example measured in at Ht 6'5" wt 312 arm length 35 1/8" wingspan 84 6/8". That is our direct competition in the SEC East. Monsters.

I believe Savion Williams will be a beast! Emmit Gooden also came along pretty well last year. We have the pieces, it's just whether or not they live up to their potential. Jmo
biggest improvement is usually between year 1 and 2. I think they’ll be fine. Not the steel curtain but good enough to compete and win games.

VN Store

Back