Defensive line cmon

BigOrangeHick

Why is this unit so f bad?

Got a couple basic 5 stars in Solomon and Emerson (High 4). 300lb guys

The rest are a mix of top juco recruits and 4/3 stars. Some guys solidly 280-300lbs. I mean they get no push. I seriously don’t get it. Darrel Middleton is huge

Totally the Achilles heel, can’t win a game without pressure. These guys should be playing better, this looks like at least mid sec level talent. Miss state has a huge o line sigh, I wonder if it’s a speed thing. Prob not athletic enough to get around guys on end. Not impressed with d line development

The rest are a mix of top juco recruits and 4/3 stars. Some guys solidly 280-300lbs. I mean they get no push. I seriously don’t get it. Darrel Middleton is huge

Totally the Achilles heel, can’t win a game without pressure. These guys should be playing better, this looks like at least mid sec level talent. Miss state has a huge o line sigh, I wonder if it’s a speed thing. Prob not athletic enough to get around guys on end. Not impressed with d line development
I think Rocker is the problem.

Starters are good, college football is a different game than high school & the NFL. In NFL & high school it’s all about your starters.

In college it’s about depth to rest your starters. The guys you mentioned are playing well. Tennessee just needs quality depth to have those guys still playing strong in the 4th quarter.

They just need more experience, they will get better but it’s gonna take some time. It sucks waiting it out this year but this defensive line will become much better with all the young talent we have along the d line.

Reactions: knox73 and amorange

That's why you dont look at stars

Reactions: VolinMC

Solomon didn't play very much his 2nd year for a reason. If he was getting playing time, he would still be in Michigan, 5 star or not. Emerson has very little experience and there is no expeerience behind them Their best D-lineman is injured. I don't understand how posts like this merit attentions except that poster is a troll or knows nothing about football or thre roster.

Last edited:
Solomon didn't play very much his 2nd year for a reason. If he was getting playing time, he would still be in Michigan, % star or not. Emerson has very little experience and there is no expeerience behind them Their best D-lineman is injured. I don't understand how posts like this merit attentions except that poster is a troll or knows nothing about football or thre roster.

Likely because we were assured by several here that the DL would be fine and wasn’t a reason for concern.

Reactions: 08Vol
Likely because we were assured by several here that the DL would be fine and wasn’t a reason for concern.
Most every post I have read stated that there was some talent on the D-line but that it was very young and lacked experience. We also lost the core of the D-line to graduation . We know that we need to recruit more D-linemen

Solomon didn't play very much his 2nd year for a reason. If he was getting playing time, he would still be in Michigan, % star or not. Emerson has very little experience and there is no expeerience behind them Their best D-lineman is injured. I don't understand how posts like this merit attentions except that poster is a troll or knows nothing about football or thre roster.

OP is a "new member", imagine how many fans we could gain if we win Saturday

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Honestly, they haven't been "f bad" for the last 3 games. They've held the line against the run, kept our backers fairly clean; they just have yet to develop pass pressure or behind the LOS disruptiveness. For as much heck as I gave them the first two games, I recognize progress when I see it.

Some want to blame Pruitt for everything that is wrong but, push from either line was bad before he got here. At some point I'd think it would become apparent that the players we have are a big reason for poor line play.
Look at how adding 2 good freshmen did for the OL. Quality players and lots of them are what we need.

Because we don't have any depth.

It's no secret. You can't win in the SEC with only 2-4 good D-linemen. You need to go be able to rotate in 2nd and even 3rd string guys. We don't have that.

We have a few good players there, but nowhere near enough.
Right on. Lack of depth is what kills us. Also, UGA's line hasn't allowed anyone to pressure Fromm. I think they've only allowed one sack in five games, so we were no different than anyone else in that regard.

VN Store

Back