DEFENSIVE HIRES

CAVPUT

Who besides me thinks that Jancek is on the way with the new DC hire?
I keep hearing Jancek and Martinez. Hey, we hired Banks who has a lot of time with Butch. Certainly no fan of that connection, but still, we just aren't in a position to be picky I suppose. Take the best we can get and see what we can do with it?

Boston_Vol

Given the circumstance landing, Jancek and Martinez wouldn't be bad. If we are being honest anybody who has and substantial SEC experience that comes to UT right now is a blessing. I'll say this CJH has made some solid hires given the situation and it does look like he planning on putting together an extremely experienced defensive staff that he won't have to bother with.

If Jancek & Martinez is hired 4 out of 5(Math may be off) defensive coaches have extensive DC experience

pjhayes

What is going on with Steele is he in play for an on the field role? Or is he going to be an analyst or take on a similar role that John Lilly had in 2018...or is he just refusing to leave until he gets let go so he can collect some more buyout $

TGVol

G
If Jancek & Martinez is hired 4 out of 5(Math may be off) defensive coaches have extensive DC experience
This could be good or bad. If someone has extensive DC experience but is now working in a diminished role (at the same place where they used to be DC or where they feel they should be DC themselves) they may not be as helpful to the current DC as we hope (can create some friction which may or may not be helpful).

Cathead Biscuits

Engage the Heuper-Drive!
What is going on with Steele is he in play for an on the field role? Or is he going to be an analyst or take on a similar role that John Lilly had in 2018...or is he just refusing to leave until he gets let go so he can collect some more buyout $
You mean "Real Deal - Stab You in the Back" Kevin Steele?

If I was Dr. Dan, Donde, Boyd, or Heupel, I would be making it very clear that we are cutting ties with anyone who had anything to do with Fulmer, and by proxy Pruitt.

VN Store

Sponsors