Defense

willford65

Why in the heck can't these girls play defense? And MMJ has to show up every game, I mean every game. Tired of hearing that they're freshman other teams have them also.

Why in the heck can't these girls play defense? And MMJ has to show up every game, I mean every game. Tired of hearing that they're freshman other teams have them also.
Meme just disappears some games. The entire team shot poorly but still had a chance to win thanks to second chance points by Green inside. Better luck next game. Go Lady Vols!

Meme just disappears some games. The entire team shot poorly but still had a chance to win thanks to second chance points by Green inside. Better luck next game. Go Lady Vols!

This thread is called defense.
Meme didn't disappear on defense.
offense, yes

But on nights when her offense is off, at least she has learned to not continue to try to force the _-game to come.

I keep hoping the LVs can pull it together. Watching them is very frustrating, but I keep coming back for more.

This thread is called defense.
Meme didn't disappear on defense.
offense, yes

But on nights when her offense is off, at least she has learned to not continue to try to force the _-game to come.[/QUIET]

Coach. I am glad you finally read the 2nd and 3rd lines of the OP's post. He switched topics on us, and I was responding to his second topic. Have a good evening Coach. I always appreciate your experienced replies.

Meme has attitude, I'd have had her playing chest to chest with Cunningham until punches started being thrown. Fight fire with fire.

Reactions: T_Vol376

Games like this need to happen for games like this, not to happen.
We're cool, OLW

Probably the best way to go about defense is to put each player on a man and when they get beat a couple times sit them down in ridicule. A lot of players defensive mistakes are covered up with all the switching. I know Jasmine Massengill who had been a terrific defender this season made two huge mistakes on Haley Troupe that cost us six points. She left her man both times and ran under the basket do not understand why she did that. Other player not getting proper coverage on the three as well. I know they are fearful of the blow by but I think you should never give up a three regardless of the drive you should defend the three and make the shot as tough as possible no matter how you have to extend the defense.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
MeMe’s defense is never the issue and in this game it was her offense. My only gripe with her is that she settles for 3’s at times a little too much! If she was to attack the basket more she wouldn’t have games where she doesn’t score at all! If her mindset is to get to the FT line as often as she could she’d average 20pts per game as she’d be hard to defend

VN Store

Back