Defeated

IDK...I'm sitting here in the Cleveland, OH airport, watching on my tablet, and just flipped off a guy and his girl who walked by and sang "good ole rocky top..." Guess my bvs kicked in... I'm just pissed off for multiple reasons, but I feel bad for doing that...

I keep my emotions in check. Losing sucks but before the last three weeks, I didn't believe we could hang with them. Perspective in real-time and the past matters.

I respect your support of the team. I love the effort BUT....This game hurts. The injuries hurt, the tv coverage was as bad as it could be, that BS call....the kiffen angle...it's as Vol as it could be. I'm going back to lurking but dammit this one sucks!

I’ve typed this a million times but it’s just so damn hard to be a vol fan. I really believe our program is cursed. Every single break in the game went their way. From a td being taken away to the ball just bouncing their way, to bad spots, to the fake injuries. But much of it was self inflicted. Heupe was really bad play calling at times tonight. Really bad. Virtually every drive we had that stalled did so because we’d run that delayed handoff to small. I swear we had 4 or 5 drives where we end up doing that play on first and second down for no gain and then throw a low percentage pass down the field on third down. Amd defensively for all we did right why could we not adjust and have someone spy corrall on 3rd downs?
Also, why the hell is Milton back in the game? My god he’s just freaking terrible. I get the he came in at a terrible time but we had 2 shots at the end zone. How the hell could he run out of bounds?

I’d say holding ole miss to 31 is very good. Corral is a future NFL qb. He’s elusive and can hurt you with his arm. I’m not blaming any of this on our defense.

I won’t blame this on the Defense players. But Tim banks should have adjusted earlier. Gave up 140 to Emory Jones. 200 to Corral. RBs usually don’t even have those numbers besides on a great day. These are QBs……. Vols did better in the 2nd half but that line TD for OM shouldn’t have happened because of the long conversion by Corral.

Anyone we play with a mobile QB. Should watch the UF and OM film and they will get yards and points.

UT lost because they couldn't stop a QB run up the middle on 3rd n forever. Sure there were bad calls but the loss was on the team. Thought it was a good game until the idiots showed their true self

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPPER 5
Sell out checkered stadium, an unranked team vs #13, you didn't play your best game and it comes down, literally, to the last play. Good college football game, some 10 minutes aside.

Reactions: Vo13
We lost. I was more emotionally invested in that game than I have been in any UT game in a long time. I’m sure many of you felt the same way. This just feels how it was supposed to go down. With our fans looking like trash, and lane being able to somehow walk out looking classy while beating us. I should have known this was what would happen. We got screwed on two huge calls, which were literally why we lost. I’m speechless. This one literally hurts more than any I can remember ever.
Total screw job by the refs. Tennessee won the game except for points removed during whatever made up officiating we all witnessed after the sack fumble. If heisman candidate had spun out of the tackle and completed a TD pass, they wouldn’t have called that back.

I respect your support of the team. I love the effort BUT....This game hurts. The injuries hurt, the tv coverage was as bad as it could be, that BS call....the kiffen angle...it's as Vol as it could be. I'm going back to lurking but dammit this one sucks!
Bro, I get it. This one hurts. Losing is never fun. I am a pessimist. In the summer, I thought we lost this by 21+. We are moving the needle. It hurts, it sucks, we could have, we should have, but 6 wins was my hope from day one.

The spot was not correct. His knee is where they marked him down, and the ball was in his gut as he fell forward.

We can agree to disagree. From what I saw on the two angles the ball was at his belly which was still half a yard short. Warren should have ran over that safety, not dive.

Reactions: Zues1
Kiffin was given every advantage and we still could have won it if the pass to Tillman was an inch lower. Given the fact that Kiffin had a QB advantage, is supposed to be the greatest offensive mind in all of college football according to our own fanbase, was riding the cock of the refs, and so on and so on, we still came within an inch of beating him. This is going to hurt more of us than bring joy to more of them, and it pains me to say that. But Heupel will overcome Kiffin in the long run. He is clearly the better man.
Do you think Heupel will be able to recruit well enough though?

Honestly. If I was UT I would just say our record was 5-2. Go ahead and act like that TD counted because there was no reason for it not to.
But “he gave himself up” … no he didn’t bc he didn’t even know the play was live.. “Errr but his forward progress was stopped”.. well who blew the whistle? “…….” I’d love for that crew to have to go to the podium after the game to answer for that

And yet with everything they didn't do on offense, couldn't stop on defense, I kept thinking to myself, if only we had a D1 scholarship kicker who could juice a 49 yarder when expected, they would have only needed a field goal to win at the end....instead of the, you know, brain fart QB intellect that we got to witness.

Reactions: Shocker0
It was defeating, but Milton's laughably stupid final play prevented me from being as upset if the ball had been tipped away or dropped to end the game. It was such an unfathomably dumb play that most of my anger was converted into trying to figure out how a college student could be that...special.

Reactions: bigorangesince77
My expectations for this season were so low, that I can't relate to those of you who are expressing such bitterly disappointed sentiments. I'm much more concerned about where our current recruiting class stands, than I am the results on the field. We have a depleted roster from the abnormally high attrition associated with the internal investigation, and the most recent coaching change. We are also down some key players with injuries... and of course, the refs did their thing tonight as well.

However, I think Heupel is a good coach, and for the most part, this team has been competitive. There is nothing special about Kentucky's offense. Let's go up to Lexington and pull that one out, and take care of business with South Alabama and Vanderbilt... and maybe things will start to pick up on the recruiting front?

It's really not the end of the world, guys. Go Vols!!!!

We lost. I was more emotionally invested in that game than I have been in any UT game in a long time. I’m sure many of you felt the same way. This just feels how it was supposed to go down. With our fans looking like trash, and lane being able to somehow walk out looking classy while beating us. I should have known this was what would happen. We got screwed on two huge calls, which were literally why we lost. I’m speechless. This one literally hurts more than any I can remember ever.
Grow a set snowflake,, ifs and buts are candy and nuts. We didn’t come close to executing.

Reactions: Stonewall83

VN Store

Back