Deer preseason 2016

It is a atn x,-sight scope that does all sorts of stuff. That is a still from the videoIt has night vision, ballistic calc, bluetooth, picture and video. It is totally a toy but I enjoy messin with it.

Reactions: joevol33 and CABVOL
Send him my congrats!

He’s hooked now, hide your wallet. Lol

Thanks. He knew he could go at 6. So he waited for his day. We worked on where he could shoot a deer and everything. 3 does finally came out with about 10 minutes to spare before he couldn’t shoot anymore. He hit it and it only went about 10 feet. About a 75 yard shot. I am very proud of him.

Did you neck shoot him on purpose to save the meat ? Either way that's a hard shot.
The neck shot was intentional. The farm I hunt on has a few shoot houses so I was able to shoot from a rested position. Try to save all the meat I can.

Slipped in behind me with a smaller 8. They ended up sparing a bit and the smaller deer backed off and actually pulled this guy into a clear shooting lane. Shot at 25 yards walking with 20 gauge shotgun.

Attachments

• OakRidge2019.jpg
    OakRidge2019.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 19
Nice, u inside the fence or out?

Outside the fence. I rarely hunt inside anymore. Once you wait at the gate, you are lucky to get setup by the time the sun comes up if you have a bit of a walk. Here's one from Oak Ridge this Spring

Attachments

• 2019turkey#1.jpg
    2019turkey#1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 6
Outside the fence. I rarely hunt inside anymore. Once you wait at the gate, you are lucky to get setup by the time the sun comes up if you have a bit of a walk. Here's one from Oak Ridge this Spring
I should be there this spring. I usually get drawn every other yr. Congrats on the buck and gobbler and I have never been inside just wondering if it was alot better but doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle.

I should be there this spring. I usually get drawn every other yr. Congrats on the buck and gobbler and I have never been inside just wondering if it was alot better but doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle.

I always use the scout day to my advantage. Tons of spots off 95 or around Clark Park where you can avoid the fence if you have the gun hunt. I will say I rarely put in for the archery zone anymore as most of my spots are behind the fence. When I hunted it last year, I didn't even need a flashlight to get navigate through the woods or setup. Heard 3 shots before I reached 20ft. They ought to let you through as you arrive.

Seems to be a lot of deer hunters here at Vol Nation and I know the season is over. I just want to remind everyone to always wear your safety harness if your using a climber stand or lock on. I lost a 1st cousin who fell from his stand a couple years ago. I’ve climbed a thousand times without one which is foolish. Not preaching just felt I needed to share!! Be safe!! Go Vols113B811E-90B3-440D-8E53-AAE428ECCC71.jpeg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back