Dee Williams declares for NFL draft!

This is really surprising to me. Great athlete, but he hasn't shown anything on offense or defense. I don't think the NFL drafts someone just based on their return ability.

That being said, I really hope he does well wherever he goes.
Cordarelle Patterson special...

Reactions: OrangeShades
Why does no one return kick offs anymore ? Felt like there were alot of times when he should’ve brought it out but didn’t
It's a waste now with spotting a fair catch at the 25. Might as well just sit the ball on the 25 and let the kicker sit.

Why does no one return kick offs anymore ? Felt like there were alot of times when he should’ve brought it out but didn’t
Because analytics have infiltrated football and the statistics say you average better starting field position over the course of the season by calling fair catch everytime.

The trolls are out in mass lately. Guy runs out of eligibility:

“What’s he thinking!”

“Where’s he getting his draft grade”

“Wow! It’s this me first culture”

“Must not have good grades”

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Dee is a great returner, but most PRO teams have a punter like Iowa that doesn't give a returner too many opportunities. I'm sure he can be useul on special teams too with all of his speed. Enjoyed watching him return those kickoffs/punts. Hope he gets drafted/picked up on practice squad.

It's a waste now with spotting a fair catch at the 25. Might as well just sit the ball on the 25 and let the kicker sit.
Also 30% of returns have a holding or block in the back penalty etc. Returns on kickoffs are so rare now the blockers are not used to blocking defenders at that high speed rate. So a return out to the 35 gets yellowed and you are starting 15 yards behind the spot sometimes causing a basic 3 runs up the middle and punt. Remember the Bogus fair catch by upper lineman that caused a flag and ended up being like a turnover for us starting of the 3. That one really gripes me the ref had to be a real hater or on the take. I read an article in SDS that said that was so rare of a call was like a policeman giving you a ticket for going 36 in a 35 zone, in other words it was ridiculous. Go fight that one in court and the judge would not only throw it out, he would admonish the cop for crowding a court with petty citations. Use your brain and try to do what the spirit of the law or in this case the rules are established for.

Last edited:
Reactions: DixieVol
he has no more eligibility. He is just doing what a lot of these guys do now when out of eligibility, announce NFL.... they all dream
Yeah, to me this is weird if you are out of eligibility you are free to be drafted. I guess he does not have an agent I find that odd too with agents looking for every penny. So does everybody now that runs out of eligibility have to formally declare for the draft seems like an unnecessary step.

He’s out of eligibility so it’s not like he could return unless he wanted to be a GA.

Uh...Curt? Oh...and it's Maggitt

So...BOTH of your words...yeah

tenor.gif
EPIC FAIL....

The walking or recent Vol signee from Knoxville can do the kick off and punt returns now with Williams gone, new guy is fast and rlusui. Plus Williams leaving opens a scholarship spot for someone
Returns aren't such a thing anymore. It's fair catch after fair catch. Having a scholarship tied up for a one trick pony like Dee(no offense to him), simply doesn't make sense going forward. Plus I really like kids who are rlusui. You just don't find that in kids these days. ;)

Guys like Meggett and Hester came from a different era with different rules. Today's game has very few KO returns and teams are going for it more often on 4th down. Many punts go into the end zone or out of bounds or fair caught. I don't see a place for a sole kick returner in today's NFL game

Yeah, to me this is weird if you are out of eligibility you are free to be drafted. I guess he does not have an agent I find that odd too with agents looking for every penny. So does everybody now that runs out of eligibility have to formally declare for the draft seems like an unnecessary step.

its the social media affect. Fans react to social media and so do players. I noticed this in the last couple of seniors. Lot of players with no more eligibility "declaring for the draft" when it is totally not necessary. Its just to get clicks on social media IMO

Reactions: VOLfrombama

VN Store

Back