Dee Beckwith status?

We should probably just delete this thread. It’s misguiding. There’s no reason to think Dee is considering a transfer.

Beckwith is still on the roster according to UTsports.com. Also, I haven’t heard Swain, Price, Hubbs or anyone else talk about him leaving. Yes this thread needs to be shutdown.

Jerry Mack said he is still on roster during presser. He said that he is in the mix to play but still trying to earn reps. How did he not get carries in Tennessee Tech game? I like our main two backs but they are relatively small for the SEC. We need that change of pace bavk. Sure could of used a bigger back on 4th and 1 against Pitt. Never questioning our coaching staff but i hope he sticks it out and finds a way on the field. Hell put him at DE or LB “jk”

Jerry Mack said he is still on roster during presser. He said that he is in the mix to play but still trying to earn reps. How did he not get carries in Tennessee Tech game? I like our main two backs but they are relatively small for the SEC. We need that change of pace bavk. Sure could of used a bigger back on 4th and 1 against Pitt. Never questioning our coaching staff but i hope he sticks it out and finds a way on the field. Hell put him at DE or LB “jk”
The coach made it sound like Beckwith is performing like a preferred tuba section walk on.

Assuming the roster is accurate, not sure I'd call Evans small. He's listed at 5'11", 218 lbs.

He had all Spring, Summer, and Fall camp. Hooker got the work because Heupel knows that Booker needs to work to further develop the needed rapport with the offense. No coach is going to give valuable game reps to a 3rd string QB, especially when he needs to get QB1 and QB2 ready.

Agreed these coaches know they need win now. They are not shafting players for personal reasons. They dont have talent and luxury to do that at this time

DB gonna show up in the last (4) games of the season and savor a RS season to be dominant in the future as he learns the RB position.

Have to question why some of our highest rated players are not even cracking the 2 deep. Its one thing for 4 and 5 star guys not to live up to their hype or make All-SEC. But as a 4-5 star blue chip recruit, if you can’t even just provide depth as a backup then something is seriously wrong. Culture wise.

We have multiple guys who were blue chip recruits who are hardly seeing the field at all, much less even listed on the depth chart a few of them.

Aubrey Solomon
Omari Thomas
Jackson Lampley
Len’neth Whitehead
Brandon Turnage
Ramel Keyton
Harrison Bailey
Dominic Bailey

What is the deal? You can’t tell me every single one of those guys are busts. I don’t believe it.

Aubrey Solomon is the funniest example you listed. Dude went to Michigan and struggled. Then he transferred to UT under Pruitt and struggled. Now under Heupel he’s struggling. That’s 3 different coaching staffs he has struggled under. At that point you gotta accept he is the problem.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Aubrey Solomon is the funniest example you listed. Dude went to Michigan and struggled. Then he transferred to UT under Pruitt and struggled. Now under Heupel he’s struggling. That’s 3 different coaching staffs he has struggled under. At that point you gotta accept he is the problem.

Solomon started and played extensively under Pruitt…I would not say he struggled there at all. He had one of the highest grades, if not the highest, on our team against the run. Solomon’s biggest problems are consistency and effort…I’ve also heard rumblings he has a bad back that flares up sometimes too.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Just need to get creative with how we use him....I'm thinking Kyle Pitts but also line him up in the backfield sometimes...

I would think an offensive mind like CJH would be licking his chops at how to use a player like DB...but then again, I don't see all the things the coaches see in practice...maybe it's alot of hype with no real substance in this case

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Just need to get creative with how we use him....I'm thinking Kyle Pitts but also line him up in the backfield sometimes...

I would think an offensive mind like CJH would be licking his chops at how to use a player like DB...but then again, I don't see all the things the coaches see in practice...maybe it's alot of hype with no real substance in this case
We wish.

Solomon started and played extensively under Pruitt…I would not say he struggled there at all. He had one of the highest grades, if not the highest, on our team against the run. Solomon’s biggest problems are consistency and effort…I’ve also heard rumblings he has a bad back that flares up sometimes too.

That was more out of necessity than him being a quality player. I think we had like a 6 or 7 man rotation on the line at one point last season we were so thin. This year, we are still thin, but the overall quality is better.

Reactions: 08Vol
“Know what you deserve”? Sounds like one of them pre-Madonnas.
Lol, I forgot about that one. I need to work on my pocket presents.

Some days it's like the ghost of Norm Crosby has possessed VolNation.

images

Reactions: VolNExile
That was more out of necessity than him being a quality player. I think we had like a 6 or 7 man rotation on the line at one point last season we were so thin. This year, we are still thin, but the overall quality is better.

No, under Pruitt, Solomon entered the season first string, and was still listed first string on the depth chart at seasons end as well (when healthy). So no, it wasn’t out of necessity Solomon was playing.

It was more out of necessity that Kurott Garland was playing, and that Elijah Simmons was playing out of necessity as a freshman.

Same can be said for Omari Thomas. He played more last year under Pruitt than this year under Heupel. Which speaks to his lack of consistency and motivation just like I said.

Rodney Gardner and Heupel have both reiterated such in press conferences when asked if Solomon/Thomas will receive more PT opportunities going forward. On Solomon Heupel reiterates “ if he continues to show progress and motivation to do things the right way on and off the field, he will.

Also, losing Emmitt Gooden didn’t help, or signing Savion Williams, and having Greg Emerson transfer too. That puts a lot more pressure on our DT’s…just numbers wise. Number of plays without being able to rotate as much, which gives more opportunities for injuries as well.

Last edited:
I remember how big a deal it was for Solomon to get the waiver to play after transferring. We were pumped when it got approved. He and JJ Peterson were going to be some difference makers for us once they both finally got approved/eligible.

Reactions: walkenvol and 08Vol

I can promise you Solomon playing was not out of necessity. He began fall camp as first string, and when he felt healthier he jumped right back to first string. We don’t have 6-7 lineman better than Solomon. Period. It all comes down to Solomon’s health and weather or not he is able to give sustainable effort for an entire game. Period.

I can promise you Solomon playing was not out of necessity. He began fall camp as first string, and when he wasn’t injured he jumped right back to first string. We don’t have 6-7 lineman better than Solomon. Period. It all comes down to Solomon’s health and weather or not he is able to give sustainable effort for an entire game. Period.

I'm not privy to what the coaches see, but Solomon's film was not very impressive in 2020. If we had more depth, I really doubt he would have been a starter in 2020.

Reactions: 08Vol
Some peep say that Beckwith has not learned to block. Can somebody explain to me how blocking can be too difficult to learn?

VN Store

Back