Decline the Music City bowl forever.

Needs to be investigated.... Worst officiated one sided ive ever seen in football... Vegas ordeal or a media ordeal.... Never seen so many good defensive breakups called PI..... I went back and watched it after seeing the game live.... It was worse on Tv! Im never one to blame refs... we could have done more in this game for sure... But the defensive breakups was solid!

I enjoy Nissan stadium from the fan's perspective. It is a good place to watch a game, but that field condition was bad. Not as bad as Neyland that year when butch was coach and they could not keep grass because of no water drainage, but there was little traction.

Reactions: NEO and Jackcrevol
This was the best bowl game so far, by a long shot - a back and forth nail-biter to the very end. Even if you lost in a heart-breaker, the fact that the Vols are back to playing a high-scoring, exciting brand of football should attract good recruits, IMO. And I say this as a Memphis fan.

This was the best bowl game so far, by a long shot - a back and forth nail-biter to the very end. Even if you lost in a heart-breaker, the fact that the Vols are back to playing a high-scoring, exciting brand of football should attract good recruits, IMO. And I say this as a Memphis fan.
Go away.

I said the same thing, but the idiots on here that thought every coach we fired should have gotten one more year said I was dumb and not a fan.
This is the stupidest claim I've ever seen on VN, and that says something.

How you've been allowed to cry and bitch and call people idiots and retards in this thread is beyond me.

Obviously you've been banned before and didn't learn your lesson. Why don’t you come back to your MeWe thread and participate in the conversation I politely tried to have with you?

Reactions: rocytop2624
That was one slippery field. Reminded me of the liquid aeration I apply to my yard. It's soap, essentially.

*probably the dye?

Last edited:
Just get a little peeved when I see flaming thumb tack fans come on after a controversial game and act like they are superior because they root for the nf-failed.

The field was an absolute embarrassment...From no drainage to the horrible paint jobs they did there in the endzones...I mean seriously could they have been happy with that?!?

We keep getting screwed and the playing conditions are absolutely atrocious and the Titans totally seem to be ok with garbage for a field and stadium.
Given our program right now, I'm thankful that I at least had something to look forward to during bowl season so I won't diss the MCB. Better than sitting home.

That field was a disgrace.
Titans are 1st in their division… so, um… no…

I've never watched a Titans game, but, isn't their game pretty much maximized to that kind of turf? Big back, downhill running, power over finesse? For that organization, the field may be a feature, not a fault.

But they do not deserve* to host a bowl game, unless it's the Bulls vs the Mud Turtles.

*In reality, when the NCAA/ESPN is reviewing bids to host a bowl game, I'm sure a sample of the turf is not the "green" they're focused on.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I also blame AD, Danny White for not campaigning harder for the Gator Bowl. A couple years back, Fulmer did some backdoor dealing and stoled Kentucky's Gator Bowl bid.

You have wonder what the Gator Bowl is thinking after seeing all that Orange in Nissan Stadium last night?

You have wonder what the Gator Bowl is thinking after seeing all that Orange in Nissan Stadium last night?

They preferred Tennessee but SEC told them they’d take aTm. I bet they’re not happy with Sankey at all

Let's just make the playoffs or New Years 6 from now on, and not ever worry about these lesser crap bowls.

I won't spend my money again to watch anything in Nissan. The experience is, at best, mediocre. Almost nothing about it is worth the price of admission. I'd forgotten how much is disliked it when I attended the Nebraska game, but won't make that mistake again.

VN Store

Back