December 4th weekend visitor list

I won't offer up specifics but was talking to someone yesterday and we are having discussions with a BIG FISH that has been committed elsewhere. Certain domino's would have to fall, but it was encouraging to hear that there were discussions going on.

Would be considered a very significant get if it came together. I will be happy to disclose who it was after signing day. This is not Nolen - but someone that everyone would consider a BIG FISH.

200w.gif

200w.gif

200.gif

It was Simpson - obviously he committed to Alabama - but they ( we ) were having discussions at the time. If Manning had committed to Alabama early for 2023, then the dynamics would or could have changed. People are all too quick to leak information - and
a few days later Saban scheduled a visit with Ty at his home. Again, I just relayed what I was told at lunch. It is 100% accurate.
I think Bama still leads for Manning - it will be interesting to see how the dust settles on the Bama qb room. With the Portal I think we continue to see a lot of qb movement.

So what you are really saying is that CJH and his staff are out recruiting? And that some players that they are recruiting are highly regarded players? And that we might get some of these players that he and his staff are talking to and we might not?

Staff pulled some fine players on signing day. I'm a little happier than I expected to be. I don't mind a team of blue collar players, but this is SEC. For the metal to win like we want to win, the blue collar guys need to be alloyed with a solid number of the best players in the country. With a handful of scholarships still open, it's possible for Heupel to cap this class with great transfers. My expectations for that happening are somewhat restrained, but it could happen. Coach Heupel is showing that he is not an ordinary guy.

Last edited:
It was Simpson - obviously he committed to Alabama - but they ( we ) were having discussions at the time. If Manning had committed to Alabama early for 2023, then the dynamics would or could have changed. People are all too quick to leak information - and
a few days later Saban scheduled a visit with Ty at his home. Again, I just relayed what I was told at lunch. It is 100% accurate.
I think Bama still leads for Manning - it will be interesting to see how the dust settles on the Bama qb room. With the Portal I think we continue to see a lot of qb movement.

Thanks for your great response! :)

VN Store

Back