Decade of Dominance 1993 video segment

The '93 was one of the best teams Fulmer had, IMO. They waited a little late to get started vs. UF in the Swamp. The game in B'ham vs. Bama was the stuff of legend. Two great teams, with VERY hard hitting D's, were on display that day. If concussion protocols were in place back then like they are today I'm not sure either team could've fielded an offense by the 4th quarter.

I can still see David Palmer running towards me on the 2 point conversion to tie the game. Never been so upset over a tie when UT had them...

The '93 was one of the best teams Fulmer had, IMO. They waited a little late to get started vs. UF in the Swamp. The game in B'ham vs. Bama was the stuff of legend. Two great teams, with VERY hard hitting D's, were on display that day. If concussion protocols were in place back then like they are today I'm not sure either team could've fielded an offense by the 4th quarter.

I can still see David Palmer running towards me on the 2 point conversion to tie the game. Never been so upset over a tie when UT had them...
That’s one play that will live in my head forever. The tie felt like a massive loss!!

I recall taking a roommate in College to UCLA game back in day. He talked so much **** about SEC. Couldnt believe we called it DoD. Said USC would anhilate us, 2001 Vols would have given that team all they wanted... & they were cheating.

Anyway, amazing the different perspectives. There was a lot of defensive jealousy in his comments.

VN Store

Back