Debord presser?

Debord only speaks ancient Sumerian and there aren't many translators available to translate it.

Reactions: 2 people
The closer some of you young punks get to DeBord's age, you'll realize 58 isn't as old and decrepit as you seem to think. It's amazing how the young think only the young has any game. It's obvious, many of you need to grow in wisdom. It comes with time and experience.

A strong run game helps the passing game and a strong passing game does likewise for the run game.

Give the old fart a chance before you put him out to pasture for good.

Get off my lawn

UT actively delayed the annoucement until after NSD to avoid bad press or negativity, I doubt they want to hold a press conference about it if that is the case.

It appears the team and recruits knew what was happening. There has been no public issue from anyone except unhappy fans. Butch announced DeBoard as the OC. No need for a presser.

Baaa Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa, that's all ya hear in this or any other Debord thread!

Bunch of sheep doing what sheep do...support the coach and the team without thinking fo' yo'self.

No body has the authority to censor fan opinion, here.....

Geez people
Aaaahhh, VN homers doing what they always do. Trying to dictate what others can think or say.

tumblr_m5cnv8Lt6j1rshzllo1_400.gif

Last edited:
I just tried to search Mike DeBord on YouTube to look for old interview of anything. Even a pole vaulting competition would work. However, I found ZERO interviews. Can this guy speak or was the internet nonexistent the last time he coached football?

Nonexistent. I think he prepared his press releases on a typewriter and mailed to the local paper.

Reactions: 1 person
The closer some of you young punks get to DeBord's age, you'll realize 58 isn't as old and decrepit as you seem to think. It's amazing how the young think only the young has any game. It's obvious, many of you need to grow in wisdom. It comes with time and experience.

A strong run game helps the passing game and a strong passing game does likewise for the run game.

Give the old fart a chance before you put him out to pasture for good.

Stop being sensitive

Aaaahhh, VN homers doing what they always do. Trying to dictate what others can think or say.

No dictation here just sayin if ya aren't happy here then get out..... Stop whining and enjoy it or just get out. Take the whining and complaining over stuff you can't control elsewhere.

And in before someone has to tell me it's a message board, I understand that. I even understand if others are disgruntled and unhappy. That's fine voice the opinion or displeasure and move on. There is absoloutley no need for 15,000 threads with 15,000 pages of the same ole crap. Pretty simple to me. But of course that's just my opinion.

As a matter of fact Freak or another mod, could we get a sticky thread labeled "*****ing and moaning here". Then we might actually be able to have some decent threads with real info and discussion in them.

Reactions: 4 people

now, this is why the negavols and sunshine pumpers **** get started. your mad about the hire and all you do is try to call out others for an opinion different from yours.

Nothing to be gained and could cause more angsts among the fan base. My vote is shut up and produce. The way we try to read something into every word makes a presser a non starter.

my

Butch: Debord will not change the offense, but has some great cutting edge ideas to tweak it.
For example, instead of performing a drop kick, he plans to use a kicking tee and holder for field goal tries.

How about when you have less than a yard to go you don't go shotgun? Biggest pet peeve.

now, this is why the negavols and sunshine pumpers **** get started. your mad about the hire and all you do is try to call out others for an opinion different from yours.

Did you really just post that?

I agree. How dare anyone call out others for having opinions differing from theirs...oh wait, I looked back and you have been doing this...and you have been calling people out for calling people out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I really don't think there is an Anti Debord crowd, I think some of us are just cautious due to having a hire like this shoved down our throats.

I can hear the 1st DeBord PC...

DeBord...Thanks to you all for attending and I'm sorry it took so long to speak with you all.

Reporter...What delayed this PC for so long?

DeBord...I had to find a house, get back to Michigan and get the moving truck loaded so I could get moved down here and get to work ASAP.

Reporter...I can understand that but it seems like it took awhile, have other problems?

DeBord...The 1st part went pretty well but after the moving truck got to K town is when things slowed down.

Reporter...What happened?

DeBord...The Tennessee fans are the best in the world so I was sure I could get some extra help from Vol Nation to get the boxes and furniture unloaded and in my house faster so we could setup house and I could get to work faster but that didn't happen.

Reporter...Why not?

DeBord...It seems that most of the strong, younger people didn't want to work and earn extra money because they preferred to sit on their keyboards and gripe and start arguments over me being hired here at UT as their OC.

After all the reporters stopped laughing Debord then said he was excited to help build Tennessee football back to the elite status Tennessee fans deserve.

I hope everyone got a laugh out of this PC.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back