Death of TN football

The Program has died we CANT get a coach to come here. Recruits are hard to get . This was a place everyone wanted to be assocated with now Vandy and KY are passing us . And we are keeping the below mediocrity staff .

Truly heartbreaking we can't get a proven Staff in here, spend the $$$$$$$$ do this right no more bandaids

ludicrous speed go!

Melodrama aside, what seems to be happening is that the passion of the fanbase is burning out. Loyal, patient, tolerant fans have kept this program alive. When fans get truly fed up and start to give less and less of a crap, then we have problems. People can only take so much before apathy sets in. It's impossible to get upset and angry over every hiccup downward this program takes, because you'd be upset and angry every day.

You think it's bad when fans expect a lot-- wait till they expect nothing. A little more downsliding, and midseason 2012 might get us there.

Reactions: 2 people
images

I hope we lose every damn game that way you Dool Aid drinkers will quit saying "we are young", "he inherited a mess", "we had injuries to key players". He's not a very good coach. He can't make half time adjustments he can't control his players off the field and he coached us to a 10-7 loss to Kentucky. Tennessee football has become a joke

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we lose every damn game that way you Dool Aid drinkers will quit saying "we are young", "he inherited a mess", "we had injuries to key players". He's not a very good coach. He can't make half time adjustments he can't control his players off the field and he coached us to a 10-7 loss to Kentucky. Tennessee football has become a joke

Dude, you give us Dooley haters a bad name.

:cray:

Off the field behavior has certainly gotten worse since he got here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

I approach my sports team the same way. Since every fan base has idiots I hope my favs win zero games from here on out.

Up until now I have put all this on Dooley. But now I am beginning to wonder why Hart is standing by and letting this thing bleed to death. If he were a decent AD he would understand that keeping Dooley did not provide consistency for this program and clean house now and find a big name head coach that can at least attract a decent staff.

Volnation's biggest laughing stock has returned in full force, and is showing why he has that label. :clapping:

I'm from TN and have always been a TN fan - having said that I'm flat out embarrassed by some of these folks who are ready to collapse in a heap and ball their heads off over a bit of a rough spot. TN football will survive and it will be relevant again but it may take a little time. Quit being a bunch of hysterical ninnies wailing and gnashing for crying out loud. MAN UP!!!!

and hoping my beloved Vols lose every game gets you a ticket to Ignoreville

man i miss wakeing up on saturday mornings to hear leonerds losers.I miss jon ward calling plays and saying names with excitement,like shazzon bradley ,mose phillips,carl pickens,dale carter,andy kelley.man i feel lucky to grow up and watch guys like that.and see the games they played in like the comeback at nortre dame.whupping the canes ass in 85.yes i miss jhonny majors he gave his all for tennessee,thats why im so fricking frustrated at this crapp.its as bad as i have ever seen it not around for the battle days.

This just in - It wasn't Dooley's job to make half-time adjustments. That's the coordinator's job. It's Dooley's job to prepare and organize the team for game day. Granted, the team wasn't prepared mentally for Kentucky but after half-time allowing a WR to do what he did is more on Wilcox than DD.

Lose every game? Wow.... just... wow.

The Program has died we CANT get a coach to come here. Recruits are hard to get . This was a place everyone wanted to be assocated with now Vandy and KY are passing us . And we are keeping the below mediocrity staff .

Truly heartbreaking we can't get a proven Staff in here, spend the $$$$$$$$ do this right no more bandaids

Wrong on all counts!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just not used to a Coach that keeps so much quite, ask me best way to do business, we the fans have no need to know until the hire is made, it should be like handling classified documents on a need to know bases only and we aren't on the list for access.

Tennessee football will NEVER die! I remember the good and the bad REAL fans will always be here and bleed orange I dont like the way things have been going any more then anyone else I have been a fan since I was big enough to understand what it means to be a VOL! there your team win or lose! GBO!

Ok, we'll shut up until the hire is announced. When it is not a wow name then we will burn the mattresses.

People seem to forget how college football works. Cycles! It takes a few lean years for good stuff to return once the bad stuff has taken hold. It happens at every school, even the most prestigious. I seem to remember the Schula days at Alabama, and the days when LSU wasn't very competitive. Look at Florida. They're down cycle might not last as long as ours but its a down cycle none the less. Texas is feeling this a bit as well. And they are an annual top 5 recruiting school as is Florida.

Tennessee will be back....eventually. We are in an amazing conference where the best players (for the most part) come to play. We have great facilities, fans, traditions, and deep coffers. We aren't at a lack for talent. A lot of pieces to the puzzle are here, we are just missing a few small things. I mean, we have qbs, rbs, wrs, lineman, lbs, and dbs. We just lack a few catalysts such as a difinitve team leader or a signature win to let the players know that buying into the coaches system works.

It will happen. Tennessee will return to great football. It might not be on the schedule the fan wants or by the means the fan wants. But TN football will be back and I'll be ready.

VN Store

Back