Dean says "Lady Vols Need to Be Tougher..."

I hesitate to even post this, it's that obvious.
G-Mule is one of this forum's most prolific and most respected members. OF COURSE he knows who Dean is. He was just having some fun. A little awareness seems to be in order.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope this team develops some mental toughness because that's what has been missing the last few years. We have fallen apart when the pressure is on for the last few years. I hope that changes this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope this team develops some mental toughness because that's what has been missing the last few years. We have fallen apart when the pressure is on for the last few years. I hope that changes this year.

Some players naturally got the toughness while other's need Coach to get it out of them..

We haven't had much toughness since the last lackadaisical 6-pack strolled into town, and it's taken Dean a decade to notice?

We haven't had much toughness since the last lackadaisical 6-pack strolled into town, and it's taken Dean a decade to notice?

We haven't been mentally tough for years--and I certainly don't think Warlick knows how to develop it. We completely folded--mentally--in both the Louisville Elite 8 game and the Maryland Elite 8 game, choked badly in both. It's one thing to get beat, but you can't lose your confidence and panic when things get tight or start going against you. That's where the toughness is supposed to kick in.

The girls need to adopt the General's 1,2,3 and 7 Maxims. If they could do that, the team would meet expectations.

We haven't been mentally tough for years--and I certainly don't think Warlick knows how to develop it. We completely folded--mentally--in both the Louisville Elite 8 game and the Maryland Elite 8 game, choked badly in both. It's one thing to get beat, but you can't lose your confidence and panic when things get tight or start going against you. That's where the toughness is supposed to kick in.

lol

Interesting comment about playing time. If starters are expected to play 30+ minutes each that leaves 15-20 minutes each for the "two to three" bench players he mentions, plus some leftover minutes for...Harris?

Where was Dean last year? Is he just deciding that we are not as physical and mentally tough. Yes we have had a few tough players but not that many within the last 5 or 6 years. Russell has to be tough at her height and size. She has to be respected and feared in the post. I have seen her tough in the middle but not on a consistent basis. We need everyone to play with a tough physical and tough mental attitude. It will take more then Russell and Diamond to make the LVs a top level team. I believe we have the resources but we need them to leave it on the floor every game. We need the women to play every game with an attitude with a chip on their shoulders.

no, but he sure has turned a lot of highly rated Lvol post recruits into crap lately.

This fan says, "Lady Vol coaches need to be tougher so that the Lady Vols don't feel they have a choice in whether they be tough or not if they want to get off of the bench."

This fan says, "Lady Vol coaches need to be tougher so that the Lady Vols don't feel they have a choice in whether they be tough or not if they want to get off of the bench."

I believe it all starts with the head coach. I think that Holly is a great cheerleader, but, at least within the last five years, she just does not project herself as being a physical tough coach. Someone has to be the bad guy and we just do not have bad guy coaches. I would like to see us step up our physical game, however, that would require a coaching personality change, and I just do not see it as part of our coaching DNA.

I thought most of the players were tough last night really were aggressive and attacking. Mercedes needs to get more aggressive in her play had a good second half.

Understatement of the year.The same could have been said last year..speaking of toughness ,just who has toughness on this team ?

VN Store

Back