Dean Lockwood now at Michigan State

I'm a victim of voice to text, I said not growing a pair I did not say not growing up here. I hate voice text it has trouble with my Southern drawl

I could not have sat back and watched my head coach, my boss go through what she went through without sitting her down and talking to her straight and risking my job to do so. Holly avoided me when I would have been probably the best thing for her.

I'll tell you how so, by not growing up here and staying at the Holly and making her become a better Coach he just sat back and watched her demise... I would have taken a chance on her fire me or snapping at me to wake her up instead of just watching her slowly drown

Yea,,,, all employees "bully" their boss into doing the right or better thing.
Had I been you, before I took that chance, I would have had another job lined up before starting that crusade. Because I would have known the results.

Reactions: pimo1 and T_Vol376
I could not have sat back and watched my head coach, my boss go through what she went through without sitting her down and talking to her straight and risking my job to do so. Holly avoided me when I would have been probably the best thing for her.

You did not work in the program, never have, therefore you do not know what Dean did or didn’t do.

Yea,,,, all employees "bully" their boss into doing the right or better thing.
Had I been you, before I took that chance, I would have had another job lined up before starting that crusade. Because I would have known the results.
It's not about bullying at all. It's about having the gumption to say something or do something about repetitive mistakes. We lost several games on runs where we lost double digit leads and very possibly could have prevented the large runs with timeouts. I sat in full view of the bench. And while Those runs are happening Holly would be standing there or squatting in the floor and no one from the bench that I ever saw yelled poked needs her somehow I got her attention no they just they just sat there set there and watch her let 10-15 Point leads dwindle down to nothing her as she walked by. I would have done that I damn sure would have done that. Those girls are worth it

Reactions: MAD
You know the one thing I keep coming back to regarding Dean is that he not only assisted under Holly, he was an assistant under Pat too

Reactions: MAD
He was a big part of Candace's development (and Izzy's and Glory's, etc). I'll miss him on the sidelines and wish him luck.

This is what perplexes me most about him. I did see development and Mercedes in KK but the whole time I saw the development I considered it was a very very slow development. I can take an athlete a dedicated athlete who loves to learn the sport and teach that girl to be one of the best players in the entire area in a year's time. You wouldn't have struggled to see development.

I'd like to take a player like Massengill over a summer and really give her some tools to work with

Reactions: Amb3096 and MAD
This is what perplexes me most about him. I did see development and Mercedes in KK but the whole time I saw the development I considered it was a very very slow development. I can take an athlete a dedicated athlete who loves to learn the sport and teach that girl to be one of the best players in the entire area in a year's time. You wouldn't have struggled to see development.

I'd like to take a player like Massengill over a summer and really give her some tools to work with
478-250.gif

You did not work in the program, never have, therefore you do not know what Dean did or didn’t do.
No no one on this board worked in the “program”. Just our uneducated opinions . I was not a fan of his, but wish him the best. Unfortunately he had to work under warlick so hard to tell if he was a good assistant coach. Was he ever offered a head job somewhere else?

No no one on this board worked in the “program”. Just our uneducated opinions . I was not a fan of his, but wish him the best. Unfortunately he had to work under warlick so hard to tell if he was a good assistant coach. Was he ever offered a head job somewhere else?

He has been a head coach.

VN Store

Back