DE flips to Miss St.

Except i continually said we’d likely improve quite a bit as we didn’t have as many commits as many of our competitors did. I remember feeling however that we were too far behind to have a shot at a top 5 type class. But I felt it possibly to close strong and end up top 12-15 or so. We actually did slightly ether than that and I was was pleasantly surprised by that. I didn’t imagine that we’d come from outside the top 30 to a top 10 class. In future years I think pruitt definitely would prefer not get that far behind

😅
But at this point we’re not going to end up with a great class. We’re too far behind. Whether you’re willing to admit it or not.

We have a lot of work to do to get in the top 20. And virtually no chance at a top 10/12ish class. And while I don’t believe we need top 5 classes to contend for a championship, you definitely need to do better than top 20.

We’ll be fortunate to end up with a top 20 class.

Except i continually said we’d likely improve quite a bit as we didn’t have as many commits as many of our competitors did. I remember feeling however that we were too far behind to have a shot at a top 5 type class. But I felt it possibly to close strong and end up top 12-15 or so. We actually did slightly ether than that and I was was pleasantly surprised by that. I didn’t imagine that we’d come from outside the top 30 to a top 10 class. In future years I think pruitt definitely would prefer not get that far behind
tenor.gif

But that wasn’t your assertion on the board. You doubted we’d get back into the top 20 and that got even worse after the 1-3 start.

One of favorites.

But on topic.. We're all wrong from time to time. Never bump these things but I thought it was a great example of why not to freak out early on, that's all.

Figured 420 would give a "Haha, ok, ok", get likes for laughing about it and done. Never dreamed this would be the route taken.

One of favorites.

But on topic.. We're all wrong from time to time. Never bump these things but I thought it was a great example of why not to freak out early on, that's all.

Figured 420 would give a "Haha, ok, ok", get likes for laughing about it and done. Never dreamed this would be the route taken.

Predicting the route that a thread on VN will take is an all but impossible task.

But that wasn’t your assertion on the board. You doubted we’d get back into the top 20 and that got even worse after the 1-3 start.

Good lord man. Lol. I probably made 100+ post on the topic over the last year. And I’m sure at times I felt slightly more optimistic than at others. I was actually optimistic about the class finish back over the summer when we were barely in the top 25 as a class at a time while some on here were panicking. But once we started the season so poorly and the class dropped to like no30 or so I became more concerned. I’m not sure how any of our fans could’ve said with a straight face we had a top 10 class in the bag at that point.
At that time it was incredibly improbable to get back to a respectable class. Ultimately, we still didn’t get the class we all hoped for. We were like 7th in the sec. But we’re all crazy excited for it basically because of how far out of contention we were not too long ago. So not sure what your post it trying to prove.
I guess in future seasons if we start out 0-2 and lose our top ranked commit (dropping the recruiting class ranking to no36)...I’ll try to remember back to 2019 and remain optimistic. Lol

Good lord man. Lol. I probably made 100+ post on the topic over the last year. And I’m sure at times I felt slightly more optimistic than at others. I was actually optimistic about the class finish back over the summer when we were barely in the top 25 as a class at a time while some on here were panicking. But once we started the season so poorly and the class dropped to like no30 or so I became more concerned. I’m not sure how any of our fans could’ve said with a straight face we had a top 10 class in the bag at that point.
At that time it was incredibly improbable to get back to a respectable class. Ultimately, we still didn’t get the class we all hoped for. We were like 7th in the sec. But we’re all crazy excited for it basically because of how far out of contention we were not too long ago. So not sure what your post it trying to prove.
I guess in future seasons if we start out 0-2 and lose our top ranked commit (dropping the recruiting class ranking to no36)...I’ll try to remember back to 2019 and remain optimistic. Lol
What got this fun started was your post from EARLY JULY. What am I trying to prove? Don’t need to prove that you were WRONG...you already did the heavy lifting! 😉

What got this fun started was your post from EARLY JULY. What am I trying to prove? Don’t need to prove that you were WRONG...you already did the heavy lifting! 😉

You’re only taking comments from this one post into consideration. Like I said, I’m sure I made tons of comments over the past year about the recruiting class. At times I was cautiously optimistic and at time I was downright concerned. I only made 3 or 4 comments in this particular thread. And most of those were in response to chargervol acting as though I couldn’t comprehend that we had a lot of room for improvement due to our low numbers. For the record...I fully understand that point and how the rankings work.
But I never recall us having a great class innuears past when we were so far behind our rivals only 6 months till signing day. Also, all the top teams at that time ended up on top. Bama, uga, Clemson, amd LSU rounded out the top 5 back then and that’s basically where they ended up. Sonthere certainly was a correlation between the ranking at that time and the final rankings.
I just was just trying to say it wasn’t an ideal position to be in. Maybe I was being a bit over dramatic about it but I doubt Pruitt was happy about it at that time himself. Im glad y’all knew all along we’d end up landing all the talented players we got in the last few months. Lol

You’re only taking comments from this one post into consideration. Like I said, I’m sure I made tons of comments over the past year about the recruiting class. At times I was cautiously optimistic and at time I was downright concerned. I only made 3 or 4 comments in this particular thread. And most of those were in response to chargervol acting as though I couldn’t comprehend that we had a lot of room for improvement due to our low numbers. For the record...I fully understand that point and how the rankings work.
But I never recall us having a great class innuears past when we were so far behind our rivals only 6 months till signing day. Also, all the top teams at that time ended up on top. Bama, uga, Clemson, amd LSU rounded out the top 5 back then and that’s basically where they ended up. Sonthere certainly was a correlation between the ranking at that time and the final rankings.
I just was just trying to say it wasn’t an ideal position to be in. Maybe I was being a bit over dramatic about it but I doubt Pruitt was happy about it at that time himself. Im glad y’all knew all along we’d end up landing all the talented players we got in the last few months. Lol
In July Pruitt was too busy doing the actual football stuff then worry about our recruiting rankings...or what we were being dramatic about. I didn’t KNOW how the class would end up...NOBODY did! Big difference between recruiting overreactionaries and recruiting savvies. Believe both Behr and ChargerVol tried to talk you down from your sniper tower...I didn’t bother. 😴

You have your own that were just as bad . all those Butch Jones is my coach posts.

This guy was wrong just like you were wrong.
He was my coach...then I fired him. What part of that is wrong? I’m sure it stings with you never liking a single thing positive and everything negative...cuz it’s WRONG.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
He was my coach...then I fired him. What part of that is wrong? I’m sure it stings with you never liking a single thing positive and everything negative...cuz it’s WRONG.

Well, that and the part where you freely admit if you are wrong about something.
Hell, you've brought up being wrong about things no one even remembered you said. Which puts you miles ahead of those you're arguing with.

Last edited:

Come on, man. You were blatantly wrong in this thread. Eat your crow and move on. Your attempts to defend yourself are almost as embarrassing as your typos.

Well, that and the part where you freely admit if you are wrong about something.
Hell, you've brought up being wrong about things no one even remembered you said. Which puts you miles ahead of those your arguing with.
Thanks. No one will believe it but I’m my own worst critic and when I realize my wrong I’ll issue a mea culpa. I do refuse to feel bad for supporting a coach or AD who end up being a wrong fit. Because it wasn’t a FACT when the battle lines were drawn. When it’s time to move on from a bad hire, we’re all right at the same time.

Come on, man. You were blatantly wrong in this thread. Eat your crow and move on. Your attempts to defend yourself are almost as embarrassing as your typos.

Some have problems admitting when they make a mistake or are actually wrong, I work with quite a few. You can't change them it's up to them to own it.

Reactions: butchna

Somebody asked me what I thought about CJP and this recruiting class. I told him I thought He did a great job with a strong finish. There were a couple of recruits that I wasn't sure about, but overall I was pleased.

I think it was in the RF , but I don't remember which player. Probably The Evans thread.

You associate me with negativity, so all of my posts are negative to you, no matter what I post

VN Store

Back