'24 DC OT Jordan Seaton (Future Portal Entry)

Nichols may transfer out per AP
Staff is apparently not impressed with Nichols and don't see him contributing. His leaving may not entirely be his decision. Or, at best, he's gotten the message that he's not made for this level and he'll make the decision himself. Disappointing miss by our staff and the recruiting sites.

I got:

LT: Mincey
LG: Karic
C: Mays
RG: Spraggins
RT: Transfer/Umarov/Seaton

Elarbee really likes Karic, I’m told. He needs to put on weight and wasn’t really healthy all year, but he’s the kind of athletic Guard GE likes. If he puts in the work this off-season, I think he’s the LG. Nichols will provide depth at G and we may pull in a transfer there too.
If Elarbee likes Karic, he may be on an island amongst the staff. I guess if you've only got one guy in your corner, it's best that it's your position coach. Hopefully another year in the system helps, but you don't typically recruit transfers in this era with the idea that they still need to develop. You're looking for immediate help and production, of which he's provided neither.

What about Spraggins?? He didn’t participate in senior day so that seems to indicate he is returning.
Not sure when his mind was made up, but the injury pretty much made his decision for him.

A lot harder to get drafted if you’re rehabbing the entire draft process and potentially not going to be medically cleared to start the season.

If Elarbee likes Karic, he may be on an island amongst the staff. I guess if you've only got one guy in your corner, it's best that it's your position coach. Hopefully another year in the system helps, but you don't typically recruit transfers in this era with the idea that they still need to develop. You're looking for immediate help and production, of which he's provided neither.

LT - Mincey
LG - Seaton (same path as trey, guard then tackle)
C - Mays
RG - Spraggins
RT - Transfer

Best lineup :)

LT - Mincey
LG - Seaton (same path as trey, guard then tackle)
C - Mays
RG - Spraggins
RT - Transfer

Best lineup :)
Trey was a natural guard tho. Seaton is a true OT. I’d put him at LT right away and live with the growing pains. Let him, Nico, and Matthews develop at the same pace while leaning on Samson & Seldon in the run game. Guard seems to be the most complex OL position in our scheme. Not sure if breaking in two new OGs in 2025 is the way to go. I’m interested to see Nichols and Lang develop. Need them to be good or we’ll be looking portal for OG as well.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If he’s referring to the postgame pod AP said he thinks some sophomores will hit the portal. Specifically guys who aren’t seeing much playing time.
Larry Johnson III, Grant, Reddick and/or Clipper IMO. Unless I’m missing something, Nichols is the only one who has played in anything other than mop up duty. Don’t think LGIII has seen the field at all. Don’t think Grant has seen the field this year either.

I think you are correct here. I would put Sham at RT but we are 100% hitting the portal too. Who is going to be the back up center?
I thought Satterwhite was a center?

Wouldn’t be the worst thing to have him back up Mays. If he isn’t ready, I guess you’re looking at one of the older guys to step in.

I thought Satterwhite was a center?

Wouldn’t be the worst thing to have him back up Mays. If he isn’t ready, I guess you’re looking at one of the older guys to step in.
I hope he can step up and learn quickly to take over in 25 then. The reality is Mays is a little undersized and gets hurt a lot

Staff is apparently not impressed with Nichols and don't see him contributing. His leaving may not entirely be his decision. Or, at best, he's gotten the message that he's not made for this level and he'll make the decision himself. Disappointing miss by our staff and the recruiting sites.
Disappointing miss by everyone if that’s the case…he was a high 4* recruit that had offers from pretty much everyone

Just curious who is privy to this type of information that has then decided to share it with everyone willing to listen?

VN Store

Back