DC Hot Board

Captain Awesome

I don't know much about Heupel's history or connections but seeing as the DC hire will be enormous, I'd love to hear some info from you wonderful people on who he might pull here. One thought I had was if he woukd hire his old boss, Barry Odom. His defense was a big reason Mizzou won the East twice when he was DC.

We have two Ansley and Steele, just need to pick one and let the other leave or be a position coach/asst coach.

For example:

Ansley DC/DB
Steele LB/Asst Head Coach
Garner DL
add LB coach

Or Steele DC/Asst Head Coach
Garner
add LB coaches

add Special teams coach
Offense staff reshuffling

Last edited:
We have two Ansley and Steele, just need to pick one and let the other leave or be a position coach/asst coach.

For example:

Ansley DC/DB
Steele LB/Asst Coach
Garner DL
add LB coach

Or Steele DC/Asst Coach
Garner
add LB coaches

add Special teams coach

Ansley is as much a DC, as Pruitt was a HC.

For example:

Ansley DC/DB
Steele LB/Asst Coach
Garner DL
add LB coach

Or Steele DC/Asst Coach
Garner
add LB coaches

add Special teams coach

Wasn’t there some smoke awhile back about maybe bringing Kevin Simon to coach LBs?

Get the best DC you can get even if it cost you big money. We need a guy on that side of the ball that can get players developed, motivated to play at a high level in a system that is effective. Look like Heupel has an effective offensive plan does no good to score 35 to 40 if the opponent is getting 60.

VN Store

Back