'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

And you were saying?

What I said was true. This recruiting class is a potential foundational piece There was nothing prior to today that instilled a lot of confidence in me. This board largely reflects that with posters arguing that we need to beat inferior teams that we should be beating in the first place to ascend. That doesn't hold water.

Somebody with more recruiting expertise could interject, but how does this class look for qualifying? What I have said before is important. Sometimes gaining kids on signing day means you are taking waivers on them when other teams have decided to go in different directions. I have no clue if that is the case, but I have seen it before.

What I said was true. This recruiting class is a potential foundational piece There was nothing prior to today that instilled a lot of confidence in me. This board largely reflects that with posters arguing that we need to beat inferior teams that we should be beating in the first place to ascend. That doesn't hold water.

Somebody with more recruiting expertise could interject, but how does this class look for qualifying? What I have said before is important. Sometimes gaining kids on signing day means you are taking waivers on them when other teams have decided to go in different directions. I have no clue if that is the case, but I have seen it before.
we aren't gonna have any of those issues with this group. as far as i know, there are no academic casualties in this class....that you're even suggesting that as a reason we got some of htese kids tells me all i need to know.

as for "foundational" piece....dude we had a fringe top 10 class last year wiht impact players all over it. we're a fringe top 10 class this year, with several impact players on it....for a program that won 9 games in the previous two years.

aside from signing some all world Clemsonish type class, with what we have been the past 3-4 years as a program, to stack top 10ish classes on top of each other, while getting a QB of the future, and fortifying the LOS on both sides of ball, you can't really argue that they're not getting it done on the recruiting trail.

if you are, you're either trolling or have no idea what you're talking about.

we aren't gonna have any of those issues with this group. as far as i know, there are no academic casualties in this class....that you're even suggesting that as a reason we got some of htese kids tells me all i need to know.

as for "foundational" piece....dude we had a fringe top 10 class last year wiht impact players all over it. we're a fringe top 10 class this year, with several impact players on it....for a program that won 9 games in the previous two years.

aside from signing some all world Clemsonish type class, with what we have been the past 3-4 years as a program, to stack top 10ish classes on top of each other, while getting a QB of the future, and fortifying the LOS on both sides of ball, you can't really argue that they're not getting it done on the recruiting trail.

I would ARGUE both trolling and has no clue.......

Yep we did a good job. Hope next year we win the games we should, maybe some we weren’t suppose to. This may get us into top ten. This should indicate we are on the way back. It just sucks we had a good class and still are seventh in the sec. It’s just real difficult to make it to the top.

Great. No more excuses for not winning, right?

Yep we did a good job. Hope next year we win the games we should, maybe some we weren’t suppose to. This may get us into top ten. This should indicate we are on the way back. It just sucks we had a good class and still are seventh in the sec. It’s just real difficult to make it to the top.
well, siap, you tell me what the difference is between Auburn, FL, aTm and TN's classes?

a couple decimal points? who cares. right now, on Rivals, we're a top 10 class. last year, we had the 11th ranked class. you stack classes like that, develop like we've seen this staff do, and we'll be competing at a much higher level, sooner rather than later.

bama, LSU and UGA are recruiting at a whole other level...but that 2nd group? AU, FL, aTm, and now us....what, really is the difference? 1 or 2 players?

we're on the way................

1576711778952.png

Great. No more excuses for not winning, right?
The wins will come.. When Fulmer says 4+ years is needed.. Maybe the old coach was very much correct. The foundation is being built again.. Unfortunately it takes time to go from players faking injuries to get out of practice two years ago to be where we stand today.. Coaches can't snap their fingers and make it all go away in a season.. JMO

And, we have a winning record.. We are improving.. This new class will keep that rolling! GoVols!

when in doubt, deflect, i always say.

deflecting what? there wasn't anything to deflect. I asked a question regarding academics. You answered but don't seem to be an expert. Interesting you have a saying of always deflecting when in doubt. You deflect a lot?

deflecting what? there wasn't anything to deflect. I asked a question regarding academics. You answered but don't seem to be an expert. Interesting you have a saying of always deflecting when in doubt. You deflect a lot?
well, let's just get to the point...what exactly are you upsent about then? not winning? recruits that are academic casualties? it'll be a whole lot easier if you'd just get to whatever point it is you're trying to make.

Reactions: LittleVol
The wins will come.. When Fulmer says 4+ years is needed.. Maybe the old coach was very much correct. The foundation is being built again.. Unfortunately it takes time to go from players faking injuries to get out of practice two years ago to be where we stand today.. Coaches can't snap their fingers and make it all go away in a season.. JMO

And, we have a winning record.. We are improving.. This new class will keep that rolling! GoVols!

Four plus years for what? The issue is that people think I'm talking about beating Alabama and Georgia next year. I'm not . I'm saying this team needs to unequivocally beat every team on its schedule besides Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. The team then needs to beat at least one of those teams. Last year was embarrassing.

The new class is obviously a positive sign. To me it's the first one under CJP. He got off on the wrong foot with calling out fan attendance at the spring break and hasn't really given me reason to believe in him. Hope this changes things.

well, let's just get to the point...what exactly are you upsent about then? not winning? recruits that are academic casualties? it'll be a whole lot easier if you'd just get to whatever point it is you're trying to make.

Are you deflecting? Lol. I don't need to get to any points for you chief

Are you deflecting? Lol. I don't need to get to any points for you chief
i think that's apparent.........lol. carry on then.
giphy.gif

well, siap, you tell me what the difference is between Auburn, FL, aTm and TN's classes?

a couple decimal points? who cares. right now, on Rivals, we're a top 10 class. last year, we had the 11th ranked class. you stack classes like that, develop like we've seen this staff do, and we'll be competing at a much higher level, sooner rather than later.

bama, LSU and UGA are recruiting at a whole other level...but that 2nd group? AU, FL, aTm, and now us....what, really is the difference? 1 or 2 players?

we're on the way................

View attachment 247176

Why does this graphics have TN with 23 signed? I thought we signed 21.

VN Store

Back