'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

“I want to check out Tennessee because I heard it is nice down there, and they recruited me very, very hard. They are showing a lot of interest, as well as other schools. I run track as well, and their track program is elite, too, just like Florida as well. That’s why I want to go down there, to see what it’s like.”

OV June 7 weekend

Kind of a testament to how unplugged in the VQ guys are. Here we have a kid who we offered in January, released a top 5 not long ago, and has scheduled an OV here for a few weeks. Yet I've listed to all the VQ podcasts and at least skimmed the chats, and this is a kid who I don't ever recall ever being mentioned.

In other words.... I don't think they get an ounce of information from the staff. Instead everything they learn, they learn directly from recruits. Which is a good thing.

But it shows that just because we fans aren't aware of things because the media outlets aren't reporting them, doesn't mean things aren't in the works.

This staff is made up of real G's, and as all of us hip hop enthusiasts know, real G's work in silence like lasagna.

Kind of a testament to how unplugged in the VQ guys are. Here we have a kid who we offered in January, released a top 5 not long ago, and has scheduled an OV here for a few weeks. Yet I've listed to all the VQ podcasts and at least skimmed the chats, and this is a kid who I don't ever recall ever being mentioned.

In other words.... I don't think they get an ounce of information from the staff. Instead everything they learn, they learn directly from recruits. Which is a good thing.

But it shows that just because we fans aren't aware of things because the media outlets aren't reporting them, doesn't mean things aren't in the works.

This staff is made up of real G's, and as all of us hip hop enthusiasts know, real G's work in silence like lasagna.
They’re 100% reliant on making relationships with the targets

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Do you think this has made them resentful?
Oh they’re resentful! At least Hubbs and Simonton. And it comes out during podcasts and some of their takes. Price rolls with things and maybe he feels he can gain their trust and Lewis is good with Barnes so he gives not a shizz.

One of Tennessee's Class of 2020 defensive-back targets is ready to take his first look at the Vols. Three-star rising senior athlete Mordecai McDaniel of St. John's College High School in Washington, D.C., posted Tuesday night on his Twitter account that he's still scheduled to travel to Tennessee on an official visit this weekend.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound McDaniel named a top five of Penn State, Notre Dame, Florida, Tennessee and Georgia in early April. Notre Dame hosted him on his first official visit the weekend of April 6, and he went on an official visit to Florida the following weekend.

He first told 247Sports' Brian Dohn in late April that he was planning to go to Tennessee the weekend of June 7 on an official visit to take his first look at the Vols, one of the teams that have been recruiting him hardest. “I want to check out Tennessee because I heard it is nice down there, and they recruited me very, very hard," McDaniel told Dohn at the time. "They are showing a lot of interest, as well as other schools. I run track as well, and their track program is elite, too, just like Florida as well. That’s why I want to go down there, to see what it’s like.”

Tennessee extended an offer in January to McDaniel, who's being recruited by several teams as a potential safety. He now has received offers from at least 20 schools, including all five of his current favorites, along with Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Ole Miss.

McDaniel previously has said that he plans to take official visits to all of the schools in his top five, indicating that Penn State and Georgia will get his final two official visits.

VN Store

Back