DC Candidates?

Hell, I wouldn't take him if he was free. Am I the only one that remembers "Third and Chavis?" I certainly remember nearly 100,000 moaning and groaning fans inside Neyland.

3rd and long = 1st down......3rd and forever = guaranteed first down.

I don't want to go through this again!

Yup... those days should remain in the past.

Reactions: 1 person
Hell, I wouldn't take him if he was free. Am I the only one that remembers "Third and Chavis?" I certainly remember nearly 100,000 moaning and groaning fans inside Neyland.

3rd and long = 1st down......3rd and forever = guaranteed first down.

I don't want to go through this again!

No you are not the only one. That Mustang package needs to stay in College Station. I appreciate all the years he gave to UT, all the great defenses he fielded, but my heart couldn't handle another season of 3rd and 17's going for 21 yards

No you are not the only one. That Mustang package needs to stay in College Station. I appreciate all the years he gave to UT, all the great defenses he fielded, but my heart couldn't handle another season of 3rd and 17's going for 21 yards

I love Chief but I think a&m overpaid..the game has passed him up imo

UNC's rush defense was ranked #122 out of 128 teams this past season...don't know what to think.

Chizik does make a lot of sense. You have to look at his entire history not just one year at North Carolina (as bad as you might think he was, they still gave up 115 yds less per game than the year before). He's worked with several of our defensive coaches and he has been an elite DC in the past not to mention his recruiting ability. Gene Chizik would be a grand slam IMO

Reactions: 1 person
When I hear the name chizik, it doesn't scream upgrade from Jancek to me

I don't think Chizik would be a bad hire. He's won the Broyles award for best assistant coach twice! And as bad as UNC's defense was in 2015, they were much, much worse in 2014. They went from 119th in scoring D in 2014 to 42nd under him in one year.

When I hear the name chizik, it doesn't scream upgrade from Jancek to me

I think Chizik is the better coordinator. But I'm not sure he's better enough to merit firing Jancek and probably paying a boatload of money for Chiz.

He has been a part of a national championship (his defenses were never the problem at Auburn) and an undefeated team in 2004. He has a stronger track record than Jancek, for sure.

I guess Chizik would be ok. But who knows. I have to put some faith in Butch. I said Debord would be a terrible hire and so far, Butch has proven me wrong.

VN Store

Back