Davis Staying

Rennie is one three point shooter that will be with the team. We need another three point shooters that are consistent make all the difference in the world as to how a team can play you. Davis is a tremendous three point shoot she just doesn't take them as often as she should. I like Burrell's shot couldn't understand why she was missing so many terrific form on her shot.
I think before all is said and done Rae will be one of the better 3 point shooters. She has the best looking shots of anyone ever as a LV but I really believe she was knocked down some because she was the only one that was not an AA. As soon as she made a mistake of any type she was pulled and never could gain any confidence. I think we have at least 4 or more that can fog the rock up from 3point land and be successful because Kellie will allow it. Run the floor hard and stop and pop !!!

Last edited:
I think before all is said and done Rae will be one of the better 3 point shooters. She has the best looking shots of anyone ever as a LV but I really believe she was knocked down some because she was the only one that was not an AA. As soon as she made a mistake of any type she was pulled and never could gain any confidence. I think we have at least 4 or more that can fog it rock up from 3point land and be successful because Kellie will allow it. Run the floor hard and stop and pop !!!

Rae
Rennia
Rennie

Let’s hope the 3 Rs let them fly

We also have Lou and Amira who are inside players that can step out

So that possibly makes 5 and if Zay would even shoot 35% that gives you 6 people on the roster who can free up the lane.

Rae
Rennia
Rennie

Let’s hope the 3 Rs let them fly

We also have Lou and Amira who are inside players that can step out

So that possibly makes 5 and if Zay would even shoot 35% that gives you 6 people on the roster who can free up the lane.
I had forgot about Lou like her shot think she will shoot 35 percent from the three.

I had forgot about Lou like her shot think she will shoot 35 percent from the three.

I hope so, I'm curious to see what her game is like after a season off. She averaged 8 and 6 at Washington State, nothing too special. She could be a huge asset off the bench if she can come in and knock down shots and rebound. I view her as being pretty similar to Dunbar, but a better rebounder. If she can rebound, defend and shoot close to 40% from 3 she will play a lot, Dunbar's minutes were limited due to her inability to defend and rebound at her size.

Reactions: LA Vol
I think before all is said and done Rae will be one of the better 3 point shooters. She has the best looking shots of anyone ever as a LV but I really believe she was knocked down some because she was the only one that was not an AA. As soon as she made a mistake of any type she was pulled and never could gain any confidence. I think we have at least 4 or more that can fog it rock up from 3point land and be successful because Kellie will allow it. Run the floor hard and stop and pop !!!
Rae is another one with huge upside. She fought hard on defense and rebounds. Her shots will start dropping in the basket, and she will be a force!

Looks like Lou Brown could be a vocal leader next year. Davis is naturally quieter and tends to lead by example, though she could step up and be more forceful with a different team dynamic. Davis really does have a tremendous work ethic; hopefully, that will encourage some of the others to work on their own games.

The FR were already showing flashes of improvement, but the frustration was evident as the season went on. Collins, Green and Burrell all showed signs of being great players for us, and KK will be more of an impact as her conditioning improves. Massengill got more PT than some, but seems to have a way to go. We need perimeter shooters, so Brown and Rennie can help us there, along with Davis, Collins and Green. It will be interesting to see how quickly they all develop under the new staff.

You got me ready for some Lady Vol basketball right now!!!!

Rennia Davis can become one of the best to play the game. Her ability to create her own shot in unlike anything I’ve ever seen. She different than a Candace Parker, or Carchings, etc. She kind of has that “ghost” factor where you don’t expect her to implode such a big game. I think her drive to the rim is pretty strong, and her jump shots are impeccable when on point. We’re so blessed to have her staying with us!

I’m afraid to discuss anyone else. Last time we made a thread singing someone’s praises (Mimi Collins) she put her name in the portal the next day. I say we just hang tight haha

Knock wood. Maybe next time the portal will send us a player, instead of taking one away.

Knock wood. Maybe next time the portal will send us a player, instead of taking one away.

Fingers crossed that either the Time Tunnel, the Stargate, or the Court on the Edge of Forever will send us a blast from the past...or the future.

Just no Outlander or Highlander portals. And no DeLoreans.

VN Store

Back