Davis or Deshields

Sorry, but Ms. Davis has much better support around her, especially a beast in Wilson, who amazes me more every time I see her play. She was double and triple teamed last night and still came through. Congrats to USC on a well-fought game against one of the best strategist, Tara, in the game.

Diamond had "no" point guard and a soft post. Mercedes must concentrate on becoming more physical and Cooper, Hayes or Westbrook (one of the best pure passers I've seen coming out of hs) should upgrade our pg play by 80 percent next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Which do you think would be the better chance? Win the SEC or Make the Final Four?

Winning the SEC. I give our LV a 35% chance of getting back to the final four. Some serious chemistry and toughness would be the only way they get there. It won't be because of Holly.

Winning the SEC. I give our LV a 35% chance of getting back to the final four. Some serious chemistry and toughness would be the only way they get there. It won't be because of Holly.

So if they get there next year, you're already saying you won't give Holly any credit huh??

Reactions: 2 people

Never underestimate Holly. Who would have thought she could have screwed up so magnificently with last year's team.

Reactions: 1 person
So if they get there next year, you're already saying you won't give Holly any credit huh??

Very little. I wouldn't give Kim Mulkey that much credit for her lone championship because that team won on talent. Not hard to coach a team with a 6'7 phenom at center. I credit Vic for making a team that lost to Uconn by 60 believe you can defeat them in a FF game. Even with your star play on the bench.

Very little. I wouldn't give Kim Mulkey that much credit for her lone championship because that team won on talent. Not hard to coach a team with a 6'7 phenom at center. I credit Vic for making a team that lost to Uconn by 60 believe you can defeat them in a FF game. Even with your star play on the bench.

Mulkey's won two championships at Baylor.

If DeShields stays...

What would the projected starting line up be?

Te'a
DeShields
Nared
Russell

[im just not sure if one of our fab freshmen will start or Green?]

Curious to see how Green will turn out to be.

What a thankless job Holly has at Tennessee.....number one class.....no credit to Holly....final four and still no credit to Holly.

Deshields all day....

Much more overall talent than Davis. But the problem for DD has been the lack of coaching since she's been in college.

UNC - as a freshman, no Hatchell. Calder allowed that run-and-gun game because it matched the fantastic four freshmen's style. DD, Gray, Mavunga and Washington basically played that year based on pure talent. Plus there were stories floating around that the upper classmen were jealous of the fantastic four and there were internal problems on that team. Something Staley talked about last night in the post game, having to deal with.

Sat Out a Year - did she heal or not? Sitting out is not playing and looks like the coaches may not have worked with her on film study analyzing her game, etc.

Return - started out hurt. CHW and staff appeared to never have developed any identity with this team. And the things that DD did at UNC was not working with this team. She, IMO, is still a tremendous yet "raw" talent that apparently CHW and her staff don't know what to do with. Players of this caliber will check out on you when you show that you don't know what you are doing and do their own thing.

Past Season - Still looks "raw" and un-coached. Now that could be CHW and staff don't know how to or they are scared to rattle these girl's cages for fear of transferring, IDK. Brilliant flashes only means that the potential is there but is not consistent which goes back to coaching.

Next Season - probably in the same boat even with a new fantastic four coming in. If CHW don't know how to coach the current crop of players, these four and this team will be no different.

She also played the UNC run & gun which she obviously prefers. Hard to play that when you are waiting for your posts to get down the floor or anyone else for that matter.

I would take DD over what's her name just because it's apparent Diamond wants to be great and works hard she just needs a little guidance. I cannot think of the former GTech player's name for the life of me right now but I am pretty sure I have never seen her with a drop of sweat on her and that concerns me a bit. Plus for most of the season she was pretty bad. She was good for the first week of the season and so far for the last week.

Where were you from December til February?

And yet, her shooting numbers were still lousy and her overall numbers about the same as here; so, the style of play obviously didn't matter that much.

I may be mistaken but I don't think Ms. Davis actually ever beat UT in her active collegiate career. At GT and USC. Last year she was inactive.

makes me happy! lol

Reactions: 5 people
Reading online mock drafts, they don't even have Kaela Davis in the top 5. Most have her going in the late first round. No way if Diamond was in the draft would she fall that far back.

If Diamond was in the draft she'd be at the least Top 3 pick.

Kendra is very trashy and immature. She had so much to say when SC lost, now she wants to talk smack. I really don't care much for the Davis family after the whole recruitment and lies about why she stayed close to home but ended up transferring to South Carolina.

For SC to won that is a lucky championship for them because no way they could've beaten Baylor & uconn.

For SC to won that is a lucky championship for them because no way they could've beaten Baylor & uconn.

This post makes no sense. Miss State beat Baylor AND UConn. That same team lost to SC THREE times this past season. Stop being sour just because SC won the title.

This post makes no sense. Miss State beat Baylor AND UConn. That same team lost to SC THREE times this past season. Stop being sour just because SC won the title.

Baylor and Uconn had no answer for Williams (40 against Baylor and put Uconn out on final shot!). South Carolina had Cuavis to match up against her and took her mentally out of game! Without Cuavis stopping Williams you don't win that game.

It was so bad the coach (Miss. State) gave up on his girl and sat her the last quarter!!! Match up have a lot to do with winning and losing. You should thank Miss State for giving SC the title! 😜

But South Carolina didn't beat Baylor and UConn. Transitive property doesn't apply in basketball. By your logic Tennessee would have beaten Baylor and UConn, since they beat South Carolina, who beat Mississippi State, who beat Baylor and UConn.

But South Carolina didn't beat Baylor and UConn. Transitive property doesn't apply in basketball. By your logic Tennessee would have beaten Baylor and UConn, since they beat South Carolina, who beat Mississippi State, who beat Baylor and UConn.

I get where you're coming but that's not our fault that neither UConn or Baylor didn't make the title game, nor is it our fault that Stanford beat ND. We played & won 6 games. UT had the talent to win those same 6 games, but it was consistency that plagued the lady Vols. So because SC didn't play MD, ND, UConn or Baylor (none reached the title game) we should feel like any less of a champion than had we did? We can't control any of that yet you have lady Vols fans saying "we were lucky to win". Come on guys & gals what ever happened to good sportsmanship.

take your lucky ass ball(s) and go back the cacklelina. We have scoreboard on yer game chicks.

On another note, Cuevas-Moore will be back for SC next season who is the perfect defender for a player like Morgan William, so Miss State doesn't worry me much. It's the lady Vols that will be stacked next season. Your #1 class outshines our #7 class. At the end of the day coaching will play a factor. MD, ND, Ohio State & Louisville all had very good talent but didn't do a lot with it. I would rather the lady Vols do well over any of those teams because I want the SEC to do well.

take your lucky ass ball(s) and go back the cacklelina. We have scoreboard on yer game chicks.

You're just an old grump Gule. If the lady Vols aren't doing well you'll find any reason to rain on the next teams parade. Kinda childish actually. After the lady Vols beat SC earlier this year I was the 1st to come here & say "great game vols!" Doubt you have congratulated any team other than your own for accomplishing something great.

I get where you're coming but that's not our fault that neither UConn or Baylor didn't make the title game, nor is it our fault that Stanford beat ND. We played & won 6 games. UT had the talent to win those same 6 games, but it was consistency that plagued the lady Vols. So because SC didn't play MD, ND, UConn or Baylor (none reached the title game) we should feel like any less of a champion than had we did? We can't control any of that yet you have lady Vols fans saying "we were lucky to win". Come on guys & gals what ever happened to good sportsmanship.

To be perfectly honest, almost every national champion gets "lucky" at least once during the championship season. Doesn't take anything away from winning it. National Champion is National Champion. Ask Baylor about the year they beat ATM three times and.............! Right, Bear?

One thing you can say, there was no egregiously biased reffing that gave a game away in the tournament this year. (Another issue Bear could address with great experience.)

VN Store

Back