Davis honorable mention All-American

Walker making 1st team is crazy. Voters must not have been watching on Jan 9, or Jan 23, or Feb 3 or Feb 10. She improved a lot over the 18-19 season but not enough to make a 5-player AA team.
Or maybe they included her entire body of work?

Clearly she did improve enough in the voter’s minds.

Or maybe they included her entire body of work?

Clearly she did improve enough in the voter’s minds.

The voters looked at her overall stats I guess. Most 1st team AA show their stuff in the biggest games on national TV. In those games Walker came up pretty small. The name on the jersey helped no doubt.

Reactions: Dube
The voters looked at her overall stats I guess. Most 1st team AA show their stuff in the biggest games on national TV. In those games Walker came up pretty small. The name on the jersey helped no doubt.
Most. not all. So what’s the beef?

Walker making 1st team is crazy. Voters must not have been watching on Jan 9, or Jan 23, or Feb 3 or Feb 10. She improved a lot over the 18-19 season but not enough to make a 5-player AA team.

giphy.gif

Gotta be a case of hanging chads. Otherwise why go through the motions. Just give UConn what it wants and throw the scraps out so everyone can fight for what's left.

Congratulations to Rennia! With a great off season she can be First Team next year!
I am also going to predict we have one or two more Lady Vols on this list next year!!

Congratulations Rennia !!! You have a plan and I hope it works to perfection.

P. S. Sorry for not remembering the purpose of the thread.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Or perhaps pre -WNBA hype for a future star . Shes WNBA property now and fall under their politics. Coronation stuff like their entry into college so also the WNBA.

I think Horston just blossoms next year. So definitely her. Then I would look to Zay, depending on her recovery I think a year of watching and maturity could mean a big leap forward. Other potentials would be Key with a good offseason and Rae if she can maintain her energy level and add some discipline. I’m not saying first team for these kids but third or honorable mention is possible.

I think Horston just blossoms next year. So definitely her. Then I would look to Zay, depending on her recovery I think a year of watching and maturity could mean a big leap forward. Other potentials would be Key with a good offseason and Rae if she can maintain her energy level and add some discipline. I’m not saying first team for these kids but third or honorable mention is possible.
Pray you're right on, Lucy.. If only Key could work out with
Izzy or Kelly this off season , now that would be sweet.

Horston for sure has the potential to be a WBCA AA her junior or senior year. Would love to see her reach her potential. She has all of the tools to be a star.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Surprised to see Cooper on the honorable mention list. Saw a few games and wasn’t overly impressed, but maybe her entire season was much better.

Being a UConn fan there is no way in hell does Walker deserve 1st or 2nd team AA!!! She is selfish, disrupted team chemistry for most of the year and choked in ALL the big games!!! Satou Sabally deserves it not Megan!

They say UConns schedule hurts them for a No.1 seed because of the AAC but it helps a player get AA honors! UConn didn't deserve either!

Last edited:
Being a UConn fan there is no way in hell does Walker deserve 1st or 2nd team AA!!! She is selfish, disrupted team chemistry for most of the year and choked in ALL the big games!!! Satou Sabally deserves it not Megan!

They say UConns schedule hurts them for a No.1 seed because of the AAC but it helps a player get AA honors! UConn didn't deserve either!

Yet there she is, a first team AA and probably a top 5-6 pick in the WNBA draft. Geno has never directly or implied she was selfish or disrupted team chemistry this season.

Sabally had her share of poor games against top teams. Against Louisville in their first loss she was 7-19 from the field, 2-11 on threes, 1 assist and 2 turnovers. In their other loss against Arizona State she scored 10 points on 4-10 shooting, only 3 rebounds and had EIGHT turnovers. She played well in he first two Stanford games, but in the last matchup she was 3-11 from the field and 0-5 on threes for 7 points and 6 rebounds.

Walker has the advantage in every stat for the year over Sabally. Downplay it all you want but clearly the voter in the AP and you will soon see, in all of the National teams disagree with you.

Yet there she is, a first team AA and probably a top 5-6 pick in the WNBA draft. Geno has never directly or implied she was selfish or disrupted team chemistry this season.

Sabally had her share of poor games against top teams. Against Louisville in their first loss she was 7-19 from the field, 2-11 on threes, 1 assist and 2 turnovers. In their other loss against Arizona State she scored 10 points on 4-10 shooting, only 3 rebounds and had EIGHT turnovers. She played well in he first two Stanford games, but in the last matchup she was 3-11 from the field and 0-5 on threes for 7 points and 6 rebounds.

Walker has the advantage in every stat for the year over Sabally. Downplay it all you want but clearly the voter in the AP and you will soon see, in all of the National teams disagree with you.

Neither shot well in the game against each other but Sabally was more effective. I think a lot of people’s arguments is Sabally played against much better competition... I could see why Walker would get recognition with those stats and her shooting percentages are really good.

I think Sabally stats might be a bit more impressive considering she had two first team all Americans as her teammates.

Last edited:
Neither shot well in the game against each other but Sabally was more effective. I think a lot of people’s arguments is Sabally played against much better competition... I could see why Walker would get recognition with those stats and her shooting percentages are really good.

I think Sabally stats might be a bit more impressive considering she had two first team all Americans as her teammates.
Maybe PPG might be more impressive, but low shooting percentages don’t change because you are playing with 2 AA’s. They are what they are.

VN Store

Back