Davidson v. Wisconsin

Not Wisc. but Gtown, yeah..KU, I just couldn't see it.

It will be an interesting game. I certainly don't think Kansas will blow them out of the water. Davidson is firing on all cylinders, and I just can't see anyone stopping Curry.

It will be an interesting game. I certainly don't think Kansas will blow them out of the water. Davidson is firing on all cylinders, and I just can't see anyone stopping Curry.

I agree, it will be a interesting game.

Did you think they could get past Georgetown or Wisconsin?

I had them picked to beat georgetown but would have lost some money on wisconsin if i were a gambler on cbb!! The just hurt my brackett though and I will never forgive them for that .....:furious3::furious3:

Kansas will absolutely murder them. They are the first team Davidson has played with the ability to blow them out. G'town and UW couldn't score 100 between them in 4 games. Gonzaga was awful.

KU is an entirely different type of team and has a completely different talent level.

That said, Curry has the quickest release of any good shooter I've seen since his dad.

Kansas will absolutely murder them.

KU is an entirely different type of team and has a completely different talent level.

Some scores of interest:

#1 seed North Carolina 72, Davidson 68
#1 seed UCLA 75, Davidson 63
#2 seed Duke 79, Davidson 73
#2 seed Georgetown 70, Davidson 74
#3 seed Wisconsin 56, Davidson 73
#3 seed Wisconsin 20, Stephen Curry 22 (second half alone)

I was exactly wrong. It was a hideous game to watch, but I enjoyed the defense. KU got a hardcore no-show out of Rush and the entire front line. It wasn't altogether dissimilar to the UCLA - aTm near disaster.

I was exactly wrong. It was a hideous game to watch, but I enjoyed the defense. KU got a hardcore no-show out of Rush and the entire front line. It wasn't altogether dissimilar to the UCLA - aTm near disaster.

Well, at least you put a positive spin on it.

Well, at least you put a positive spin on it.
Not trying to spin anything. I think Davidson had a very good and very underrated defensive team and it paid dividends for them. People want to heap tons of praise on Curry and much of that is warranted, but the Davidson D was most impressive to me and McKillop should get much of that credit.

Regardless of that, Rush and the frontline were no-shows yesterday. Part of it was the D, part of it was just the nature of basketball. Rush actually shot an uncontested airball from the elbow in the 2nd half.

Not trying to spin anything. I think Davidson had a very good and very underrated defensive team and it paid dividends for them. People want to heap tons of praise on Curry and much of that is warranted, but the Davidson D was most impressive to me and McKillop should get much of that credit.

Regardless of that, Rush and the frontline were no-shows yesterday. Part of it was the D, part of it was just the nature of basketball. Rush actually shot an uncontested airball from the elbow in the 2nd half.
this is a very accurate post. agree 100%. KS missed some shots they usually don't, that helped the Davidson cause. but i think everyone learned that davidson was a much better defensive team than they thought they were.

curry had a great run and was a large part of the offense, and virtually no one had an answer for him for a full 40 minutes. but they play team ball, and that's what really got them this far.

i had 'em to the 2nd round, never saw 'em beating G'Town, but once they got to Wisconsin, i knew that was a game they could win, not by that margin, but i figured they could win it.

i was a bit surprised they were able to hang around with KS.

great run for the wildcats, tha'ts why they call it march madness right?

Then why was it a hideous game to watch? More hideous than UT-Lville? Or Memphis-Texas? Or UCLA-Xavier?

I know I'm biased, and I know they made more mistakes this game than their previous 3, but I think had Davidson hit that shot, it would've been tagged as the most exciting game in the tourney thus far. Even if neither team topped 60 pts.

Then why was it a hideous game to watch? More hideous than UT-Lville? Or Memphis-Texas? Or UCLA-Xavier?

I know I'm biased, and I know they made more mistakes this game than their previous 3, but I think had Davidson hit that shot, it would've been tagged as the most exciting game in the tourney thus far. Even if neither team topped 60 pts.
two teams playing poorly made it tough to watch. Curry didn't play well nor did the horses from KU. I enjoy basketball and enjoyed the game, but with no dog in the fight, I'd prefer to see two teams playing well.

two teams playing poorly made it tough to watch. Curry didn't play well nor did the horses from KU. I enjoy basketball and enjoyed the game, but with no dog in the fight, I'd prefer to see two teams playing well.

That seems to have been somewhat sparse in this tournament. At least 2 teams playing well in the same game.

That seems to have been somewhat sparse in this tournament. At least 2 teams playing well in the same game.
there have been a few. I actually thought UNC and Louisville played reasonably well in their contest, but Louisville just doesn't have enough offense to play with UNC. Hansbrough played the best game I've ever seen him play.

That said, if I'm rooting against UNC, I sure wanna see Hansbrough taking those shots.

The sweet 16 round was awful. At least in terms of keeping the viewer interested because the outcome was in question. Guess that is just the way things roll sometimes.

The sweet 16 round was awful. At least in terms of keeping the viewer interested because the outcome was in question. Guess that is just the way things roll sometimes.
it really was. This was the first year I can remember that the final 4 really never was in question throughout the season. There were 4 clearly better teams and the final 4 bore that out.

VN Store

Back