David Williams (Former Vanderbilt AD)

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Long story short..... I was Head Golf Coach at a university and was taking grad-school classes. I needed info for a presentation I was doing for a class about fundraising and marketing. I wanted to question someone from a major university and called him and left a voicemail. He called back and invited me to sit with him at his office. We spent 2 hrs together. He not only answered every question, he actually steered me in different directions that were more advantageous. He was genuinely interested in what I was doing and why. Needless to say, I was a fan of his from that day forward. Sad to see him pass.

CampBlount

Where the original Tennessee Volunteers mustered
David Williams was a good man who cared deeply about student athletes. He was always on the sideline, attired in his signature black sweats.
Rest in Peace, Sir!

FranklinVol-615

Long story short..... I was Head Golf Coach at a university and was taking grad-school classes. I needed info for a presentation I was doing for a class about fundraising and marketing. I wanted to question someone from a major university and called him and left a voicemail. He called back and invited me to sit with him at his office. We spent 2 hrs together. He not only answered every question, he actually steered me in different directions that were more advantageous. He was genuinely interested in what I was doing and why. Needless to say, I was a fan of his from that day forward. Sad to see him pass.
Great story. Crazy thing is, he did this with many many people. He was a great man and had a lasting impact.

VN Store

Sponsors