Davenport Fired

Either Bev is the worst chancellor ever or all that is an incredible crock of **** designed to try and fire someone that tried to stand against the system.

I’m going with the latter

Almost all of that stuff in the letter are things that would have been identified in the vetting/interview process. It's BS.

Reactions: 3 people
The interim Chancellor appointment will speak volumes as to the directions we're heading IMO. Hope it's a positive instead of a negative.

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Dr. Dipietro retiring here soon??

Having read the termination letter, I find it difficult to decide between (a) it being a thinly veiled accusation that she never got along with or, in fact, got on board with the Haslam agenda, or (b) it being exactly as it appears, a termination addressing a subordinate leader failing to consider herself part of the larger team.

It could be either. Only an insider would know which.

One thing's for sure, though. When communication, coordination and inter-operability are THAT poor, it is practically NEVER just one side at fault.

This letter damns Ms. Davenport's team skills, but it just as strongly damns Mr. DiPietro's leadership skills. It takes two sides screwing up for things to get as far off the rails as this letter describes.

So I would expect to see Mr. DiPietro's resignation to be tendered within the next 90-180 days.

[engage conspiracy theory mode] Perfect timing for a soon-to-retire Governor, eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Having read the termination letter, I find it difficult to decide between (a) it being a thinly veiled accusation that she never got along with or, in fact, got on board with the Haslam agenda, or (b) it being exactly as it appears, a termination addressing a subordinate leader failing to consider herself part of the larger team.

It could be either. Only an insider would know which.

One thing's for sure, though. When communication, coordination and inter-operability are THAT poor, it is practically NEVER just one side at fault.

This letter damns Ms. Davenport's team skills, but it just as strongly damns Mr. DiPietro's leadership skills. It takes two sides screwing up for things to get as far off the rails as this letter describes.

So I would expect to see Mr. DiPietro's resignation to be tendered within the next 90-180 days.

[engage conspiracy theory mode] Perfect timing for a soon-to-retire Governor, eh?

It seems inappropriate that someone alleged to have poor communication skills would be demoted to Professor of Communication Studies. Pity the poor students who take her communications classes.

picture.php

Reactions: 1 person
Let me get this straight. You tell Bev that she has poor communication skills, yet you are making her a tenure professor in the Communications department. Does that make sense to anyone?

Reactions: 8 people
This stresses me out.

I mean, if the Haslems are behind this and try to come in and screw everything up and turn us in the the BROWNS, i mean, somebodys gotta do something, right?

It appears anybody capable of doing anything about it would get fired.

Reactions: 5 people
The Haslams are like herpes, just when you think they’re gone, they show back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
This totally conflicts with your narrative on her. I said she stood up to the powers that be (namely Haslam) and you countered that she only did it to save her job...how’d that work out? She did what was right and put a target on herself. No other conclusion.

My conclusion is she was in charge of the nationally televised coaching search that set our program back 10 years. You think its over because a coach was hired but every color commentator on every UT game will go over the process again step by step. I think the whole crew should have been canned when Schiano was chosen. Its unfair because they are hired as administrators with no athletic experience then propose to guide an operation of this magnitude.

Where is the accountability? This is a state funded University and they are giving out severances like candy at Halloween. If I performed this poorly at my job I would have been fired a long time ago.

This is how government works. Reason #1,253,838,001 why We The People need to fight, scratch, and claw every step of the way so as to NOT give this monster one more ounce of power, taxation, control, or influence over us.

VN Store

Back