Dave Ubben tweet on Eric Gray

I thought Chandler would have a big year receiving out of the backfield with Chaney coming in. He only had 13 receptions for 63 yards no TDs. Hopefully next year Chaney will get him more touches out of the backfield.

Man its hard when you have to fight out of the backfield and get a concussion or 2. Man it has been a rough 3 yrs playing behind the OL since he arrived. Next yr we could hv a legit 1-2 punch with the OL we will have and it being experienced and no 1st yr starters. Kinda rough when an idiot coach plays a C at LT LOL.

okay.....never said Henry wasn't a special talent...

But Henry was about 5'9-5'10"....200-220....and had a huge lower body that enabled him to run thru people--hence his nickname, the cheese.

Gray is about the same height--maybe just a little taller--same huge lower body....but a LOT faster than the Cheese...

When Gray learns to stop jitter-bugging and to plant that foot and head upfield thru the hole---and finish runs....he'll actually end up better than Henry.

Thats why I said Coker track speed and big lower body. Only diffs is what you said Coker one foot plant and go 90 and EG loves the ook and juke. Its the new age athletes from Rb to Wr though.

Man its hard when you have to fight out of the backfield and get a concussion or 2. Man it has been a rough 3 yrs playing behind the OL since he arrived. Next yr we could hv a legit 1-2 punch with the OL we will have and it being experienced and no 1st yr starters. Kinda rough when an idiot coach plays a C at LT LOL.

Ok you confused me. Are you saying Wanya Morris is a Center and shouldn’t of been at Left Tackle.

NO i said the idiot coach. Do i hv to name the coach and player who are neither here anymore

No. I just figured with Chaney coming in Chandler would of had a good year catching the ball out of the backfield. Hopefully Chandler will get 100% healthy by next season with the OL Tennessee should have Chaney hopefully will get him some more touches in the passing game. Seems like Chandler could be used like McCaffrey is the passing game out of the backfield or am I wrong.

Reactions: de1conley
It’s definitely an interesting stat. But the fact is really that Pruitt really didn’t give Grey enough opportunities this year. Not sure if it was loyalty to chandler and Jordan or what. But I thought Grey liked amazing earlier in the season in limited action. He just never got any extended work until the vandy game.
Gray has some shortcomings in his game. Even in the bowl game there were a couple of runs where he did too much stutter stepping and not going North/South although on the TD run he was very decisive.

He's the best UT writer around and it's not even close, unless you're looking for puff pieces and hot takes.

Although I understand that actual sportswriting doesn't appeal to the masses at this time.
I live in Illinois maybe that is why I have never heard of him

He's the best UT writer around and it's not even close, unless you're looking for puff pieces and hot takes.

Although I understand that actual sportswriting doesn't appeal to the masses at this time.
I agree. He’s good at what he does.

VN Store

Back