Dave Aranda

Former Dallas Cowboys DC Brian Stewart named Baylor's CB coach

Stewart most recently coached the defensive backs with the Detroit Lions from 2018-19. Under his leadership, Darius Slay reached consecutive Pro Bowls and had at least two interceptions in each season while totaling 30 passes defensed overall. Slay was the first Lions corner in 40 years to reach three straight Pro Bowls.

Former NFL DC will be coaching CBs at Baylor? I'm liking this Aranda guy more everyday.

Sounds like Reuben's mom has been following Baylor for awhile. Very few people know who Coach Tang is.

Hope Aranda and Wickline can reel this guy in. We can always use a 6'8" 300 lbs OT. Kid has offers from both Aranda and Scott Drew.

Reuben Fatheree Recruit Interests

Last edited:
BREAKING: Baylor lands Louisiana QB Blake Shapen over USC, Ole Miss

ESPN four-star quarterback Blake Shapen‍ (Shreveport, LA/Evangel) has given his verbal pledge the the Baylor coaching staff following an official visit to Waco this weekend. Shapen (6-0, 192) was offered by the new coaching staff earlier this week.
Shapen will also play for Steve Rodriguez and the Baylor baseball team. Shapen is considered one of the top baseball prospects in the country and is a candidate to be taken in the 2020 Major League Baseball Draft.
The former Arizona State pledge opened up his recruitment in December. He chose the Bears over the Sun Devils as well as offers from Southern Cal, UCLA, Ole Miss and Arizona.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Baylor just got better defensively, and goodness knows they needed to. It doesn't matter if you put 45 points on the scoreboard if your opponent put up 53. The whole Big 12 needs to understand that at some point you have to play a little defense to win championships.
This post didn't age well.

Baylor’s offense looked rough this year. I was pretty surprised how much Brewer looked to regress.
Rhule left us with a horrible offensive and with very little depth. We had to cancel two games this season, per BIG XII rules, because we couldn't field enough OL due to COVID. Aranda is addressing the OL issues with transfers.

Reactions: LittleVol
Rhule left us with a horrible offensive and with very little depth. We had to cancel two games this season, per BIG XII rules, because we couldn't field enough OL due to COVID. Aranda is addressing the OL issues with transfers.

Ohh look wonderful Rhule
the fixer as they say
60M for 4 wins as panthers HC
And I’m wrong for saying he’s not the guy since Day 1.

Ohh look wonderful Rhule
the fixer as they say
60M for 4 wins as panthers HC
And I’m wrong for saying he’s not the guy since Day 1.
Am I wrong for calling him a carpetbagger. He tanked his first season at Baylor to make himself look better. That 2017 team had enough talent to go 6-6, rather than 1-11, given that schedule. Losing his first two games (at home) to Liberty and Texas-San Antonio was inexcusable.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Am I wrong for calling him a carpetbagger. He tanked his first season at Baylor to make himself look better. That 2017 team had enough talent to go 6-6, rather than 1-11, given that schedule. Losing his first two games (at home) to Liberty and Texas-San Antonio was inexcusable.

Ding ding.
I think he’s out for 2 things
money
And
Getting his buddies free checks

All his press conferences he looks unprofessional and carefree.

Reactions: BUBear
You changed your tune pretty fast

You changed your tune pretty fast
After three years the real Matt Rhule appeard. He rode multiple Cherlie Brewer concussion to his new gig in Carolina and did zero recruiting in 2019 because he knew he wouldn't be back. The 2020 signing class was the worst in recent memory.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Scratch Canada from Aranada's list. Looks like he found a native Texan.

Sources: Baylor to hire BYU's Grimes as OC

Baylor football is hiring BYU's Jeff Grimes as its new offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN.

Yahoo Sports first reported the hiring.

Grimes spent the past three seasons as offensive coordinator at BYU, which went 11-1 in 2020 and boasted the nation's No. 3 scoring offense (43.5 PPG) and was the leader in yards per play (7.84). He replaces Larry Fedora, who was fired after a year with Baylor, which ranked ninth in the Big 12 in both scoring offense (23.5 PPG) and total offense (310.2 yards per game).

A native of Garland, Texas, Grimes played offensive tackle at UTEP and began his coaching career in his home state. The 52-year-old has extensive experience coaching the offensive line, making stops at LSU, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Colorado, Arizona State and Boise State.

VN Store

Back