Darnell Wright_Day 2 Senior Bowl Practice Summary

He's immensely talented.
Everyone was impressed with how he handled Mr. Anderson vs Bama.

However, The one play that always stands out to me, is when Koolaid McKinstry made that interception and couldn't outrun or shake Wright! The angle wasn't that great that wright had. Didn't matter!

And McKinstry is fast!

No quit in that boy!

Reactions: LittleVol
He won't put up a lot of reps in 225 lbs press.

But he will run a 4.8 40 imo....
And that with his tape will put him firmly into the 1st round

He won't put up a lot of reps in 225 lbs press.

But he will run a 4.8 40 imo....
And that with his tape will put him firmly into the 1st round
Define “He won't put up a lot of reps in 225 lbs press.” How many reps are you expecting? An offensive lineman his size should be able to put up an impressive number of reps.

Reactions: CornDontGrow
I thought Byron Young had a good game today. Forced a pick 6, had a good tackle at the line of scrimmage, and made a good play in coverage. Don't see him making it past the 2nd round.

Kiper has him in the first. I think a lot of others see him as a 3rd round guy.

Define “He won't put up a lot of reps in 225 lbs press.” How many reps are you expecting? An offensive lineman his size should be able to put up an impressive number of reps.
Id be happy if he put up 19.

Reggie Bush at 210 did 23 x's.
Teddy Gaines at 185 did it 17 times?

It's not everything. For an OL to be able to do that.
Wright is athletic and plays with good intensity but he's never been a Trey Smith or Cosey Coleman in terms of power.

He'll get stronger as his career goes along.
I'm not worried about it.

4 winners and 1 loser from the Senior Bowl4 winners and 1 loser from the Senior Bowl (msn.com)

Winner: OT Darnell Wright (Tennessee). One of the top-rated offensive tackles in Mobile this week continued his production on the game field. The physical right tackle was solid in the run game and was bullying the opposition in pass pro. Wright checks a lot of the boxes New England looks for in tackles and it would be no surprise if he rose in their rankings.

I really see him as a first round pick. Best OL in the senior bowl in both practice and the game. Played the best competition this year and didn't allow a sack. I can see him and Young going in the first 2 rounds.

Id be happy if he put up 19.

Reggie Bush at 210 did 23 x's.
Teddy Gaines at 185 did it 17 times?

It's not everything. For an OL to be able to do that.
Wright is athletic and plays with good intensity but he's never been a Trey Smith or Cosey Coleman in terms of power.

He'll get stronger as his career goes along.
I'm not worried about it.

Long arms/wing span =

fewer reps than stubby IOL.

Long arms/wing span =

fewer reps than stubby IOL.
According to the bench press calculator- 225 19xs= 370 lbs bench press.
He's 330? That's not bad if he can do that.

As a DE, you're trying to combat that level of strength + his height and Weight. + his experience awareness + athletic ability.

Michael Munoz was awesome at UT. But he didn't even try bench press because he knew he wouldn't lift a lot during pro day. That would've hurt his stock. It didn't matter ultimately.

Darnell was a wall this year.
And he's validated his tape this week while at the senior bowl.
No way this kid goes out of the 1st round.

Reactions: Volfan1000
"Tennessee OT Darnell Wright is turning into one of those guys. More specifically, he seems to be improving some aspect of his game every time you watch him. Wednesday was no exception for Wright, who played very well this past season for Josh Heupel after a bit of an up-and-down start to his career. Physically, Wright has everything he needs to be an effective mauler in the NFL: size (6-5, 342), length (34 1/8-inch arms, 82 3/8-inch wing), and the ability to sink, bend and recover on the edge against quick athletes. In run drills here, he’s had dominant moments. His pass protection work has delivered some impressive stretches, too.

Wright and Iowa State edge rusher Will McDonald IV (who had another good day Wednesday) had a terrific back-to-back, one-on-one set, in which Wright scored a clean pass-pro win before McDonald came back and got him with one of his signature spin moves. It’s important to note, though, that McDonald has been beating most guys here with that move on the first try. He needed two, in this matchup, to beat Wright. Wright has been one of the best offensive linemen this week. Wright was able to catch the country’s eye this fall with a terrific showing vs. Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr., and he has only gotten better since. The arrow is pointed firmly up on the Tennessee big man."

Nick Baumgardner
The Athletic

I would like to see the Falcons draft Wright or Young.

VN Store

Back